Breakaway Main Pool - Adults Only?

VLZT

Just read a recent Cruise Credit user review indicating the Breakaway does not allow kids in the main pool. Can anyone verify this? I don't recall that being the case on our last cruise.

Many Thanks!

Valerie

Yes. Main pool is adults only.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I thought the BA only had one main pool on the pool deck. I just looked at the deck plan, I guess there are 2. So one is adult only and the other is for anyone.

Edited by djmess
checked deck plan and corrected my post

There is a smaller pool on the other side of the little kid's pool (the one with Spongebob). It's located under the water slides that your tween can swim in.

Here is a photo of it from Gambee's review.

[ATTACH]328721[/ATTACH]

~Robin

It no longer looks like that. On our Oct 5-12 cruise, the children's pool was closed for almost the entire time. They were making it shallower and put in a dividing wall as well. It is now 3 and 4 feet deep. I know I took a picture of it when it finally opened on Oct 11. I'll find it and post it here.

So what are the "Complementary" pools, hot tubs, and "water falls" (saw a pic of one) on the BA that 18 and older can enjoy without having to pay for a pass or be in a Haven category?

It no longer looks like that. On our Oct 5-12 cruise, the children's pool was closed for almost the entire time. They were making it shallower and put in a dividing wall as well. It is now 3 and 4 feet deep. I know I took a picture of it when it finally opened on Oct 11. I'll find it and post it here.

Yikes! They closed the one pool kids are allowed in for an entire cruise? I'd love to see the pics.

So what are the "Complementary" pools, hot tubs, and "water falls" (saw a pic of one) on the BA that 18 and older can enjoy without having to pay for a pass or be in a Haven category?

Deck 15 is the pool deck. Complementary to all. Even hot tubs.

Deck 16 is Spice H2O with hot tubs. Complementary. Adults Only during the day. Water Fountain feature is here.

Deck 17 Port Side. All the way forward is equal to Vibe. Same features as Vibe. Same bar. No hot tub.

My advice to you is to study the deck plans.

~Robin

Yikes! They closed the one pool kids are allowed in for an entire cruise? I'd love to see the pics.

The children were allowed in the main pool. It did get quite crowded at times, especially on sea days, but it was never too full that we couldn't enjoy it. Here's a link to the refurbished childrens pool.

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/JoAnn_Vigotty_Nickl/media/Mobile%20Uploads/pool/20141011_134028_zpsclthk9le.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

In the picture you can see a man wearing yellow. Those men are stationed around the pools to make sure you're safe. Sort of like a life guard.

Edited by ncklhaus

Deck 15 is the pool deck. Complementary to all. Even hot tubs.

Deck 16 is Spice H2O with hot tubs. Complementary. Adults Only during the day. Water Fountain feature is here.

Deck 17 Port Side. All the way forward is equal to Vibe. Same features as Vibe. Same bar. No hot tub.

My advice to you is to study the deck plans.

~Robin

Thanks for the feedback.

Correct me if I'm wrong Robin but I don't believe the deck plans tell you what features (not just pools, hot tubs, water fountains, etc) are "Complementary" or "Pay per Use"...@ least I know my TP in our cabin bathroom is "Complementary"...lol

Edited by MACE

Thanks guys for the pics. I'm actually going to be on the Getaway, so I wonder how that pool compares to the Breakaway.

I don't know where I got the idea there was only one pool. I'm on these boards daily and read so much. must have mixed up my ships. I did look at the deck plans and realized my mistake so corrected my original posted response.

Glad there is a pool for adults and one kids/tweens to also enjoy

The children were allowed in the main pool. It did get quite crowded at times, especially on sea days, but it was never too full that we couldn't enjoy it. Here's a link to the refurbished childrens pool.

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/JoAnn_Vigotty_Nickl/media/Mobile%20Uploads/pool/20141011_134028_zpsclthk9le.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

In the picture you can see a man wearing yellow. Those men are stationed around the pools to make sure you're safe. Sort of like a life guard.

Thanks.

What an odd change with that divider in the pool. Wonder why? I have to say this ship has the poorly designed pooldeck of any ship I have ever been on. See the way no chairs can be around that pool? So, a parent can't sit and watch a kid, they have to stand there or sit on the ledge near the pool. The way it is under the slides completely reduces visibility to the pool from further away chairs. Really, really poor set up

Thank you so much for the info and photo! :) I was concerned there would be nowhere for the kids in our group to swim other than the SpongeBob wading pool in the splash area.

All the best,

Valerie

• 3 months later...
Thanks.

What an odd change with that divider in the pool. Wonder why? I have to say this ship has the poorly designed pooldeck of any ship I have ever been on. See the way no chairs can be around that pool? So, a parent can't sit and watch a kid, they have to stand there or sit on the ledge near the pool. The way it is under the slides completely reduces visibility to the pool from further away chairs. Really, really poor set up

they changed the children pool to be more shallow and to have a divider between the pool, and also have staff watching children in the pool, as last February a six year old boy was found drown in the pool along with his friend...the friend was airlifted to a near by hospital, but the six year old, they tried to revive, but no sucess... that is why i truly believe that this was done to the children's pool...

Thanks.

I think the object is to get exactly what you commented on. If you notice in the pictures posted, the adults are standing there looking at the kids in the water. With chairs around the pool, you have folks napping, reading and drinking and not focused on the kids. This appears to be an ideal way to get the parents focused on the kids in the water. Tired of standing? Join the kids in the water or take them out for a break. Perhaps a great idea.