Elite drink coupons

cruiser77

We just got off the Canada/New England cruise on the Summit. There were so many Elites on board they issued drink coupons, which worked well for us, since we could get a drink upstairs in the relatively quiet (with a view!) buffet right before dinner while everyone else packed into the Rendezvous Lounge just across from the MDR.

Since early seating in the MDR was 5:30 rather than 6, after a couple of days the Captain's Club changed the times for the coupons from 5-7 to 4:30 to 7:30. The Elite cocktail party upstairs in the Revelations Lounge was still from 5-7, though, not that we ever made it.

Hope this helps. :)

Since early seating in the MDR was 5:30 rather than 6,

Hope this helps. :)

Really, never heard that before. We did the cruise 9/21-10/5 and early seating was 6 PM. As a matter of fact we have done this cruise 7 times and early seating (first) has always been 6 PM.

Really, never heard that before. We did the cruise 9/21-10/5 and early seating was 6 PM. As a matter of fact we have done this cruise 7 times and early seating (first) has always been 6 PM.

The earlier dining times on the 5 October Canada/New England cruise were set in response to feedback from guests on your sailing... The dining rooms were ghost towns by 9:00 PM!

Breakfast also started earlier in the full-service venues [ie; MDR and Blu] on both port and sea days but concluded at 9:00 AM... The Elite Coffee Hour was staged, as usual, from 8:00 to 10:00 AM...

Didn't much care for the revised schedule personally but apparently it met the needs/preferences of many...

I have experienced early dining at 5:30, 5:45, 6, 6:15 and once in South America 6:30. Late dining was adjusted accordingly. The ship's F & B manager, in conjunction with the Cruise Director, make the decision, and its good to know that some passenger input matters, too.

The earlier dining times on the 5 October Canada/New England cruise were set in response to feedback from guests on your sailing... The dining rooms were ghost towns by 9:00 PM!

Breakfast also started earlier in the full-service venues [ie; MDR and Blu] on both port and sea days but concluded at 9:00 AM... The Elite Coffee Hour was staged, as usual, from 8:00 to 10:00 AM...

Didn't much care for the revised schedule personally but apparently it met the needs/preferences of many...

Well we had late dining and were in the main dining room until 10:15 - 10:30 most nights. I don't remember it being a ghost town, but whatever.

Also the breakfast buffet (Ocean View Cafe) was crowded most mornings - later - not earlier. We had wished the MDR had been opened until 9:30 AM for breakfast, especially on sea days, so we didn't have to mess with the crowds at the buffet.

As stated above the coupons are only good from 5-7 pm for the date printed on the coupon. They also cannot be used in the Martini Bar or restaurants and there are no coupons the first night (embarkation) and the night of the Senior Officer's Cocktail party.

That's incorrect regarding The Martini Bar.

On our Trans Atlantic last November 2013, printed on the drink vouchers was vouchers can be used in any bar with exception of Cellar Masters, Michael's Club and Molecular Bar.

We enjoyed the Elite Drink Vouchers pretty much every night in the Martini Bar between 5-7 pm. :D

On our Trans Atlantic last November 2013, printed on the drink vouchers was vouchers can be used in any bar with exception of Cellar Masters, Michael's Club and Molecular Bar.

We enjoyed the Elite Drink Vouchers pretty much every night in the Martini Bar between 5-7 pm. :D

Things are different since you cruised. They are not valid in Martini any longer. This from my Eclipse TA this spring. They excluded Martini and Molecular, and were only valid on certain drinks on a prepared menu.

Although the vouchers had dates on them, no one checked or verified them. We got sheets of printed vouchers 3 per day excepting the captains club event and one other event all on embarkation.

WRONG. On our cruise 3 weeks ago - 9/21-10/5 it said they were not to be used in the Martini Bar on them. So it was correct.

Also not only did they have the dates printed on them, but our names also.

Edited by CruisingChick

WRONG. On our cruise 3 weeks ago - 9/21-10/5 it said they were not to be used in the Martini Bar on them. So it was correct.

Also not only did they have the dates printed on them, but our names also.

A little sensitive huh, sorry to ruffle your cruise feathers. :D

Kind of a broad statement you made that you can't ever use vouchers in the Martini Bar, like I said that is INCORRECT. We used the vouchers in the Martini Bar for 2 weeks. It was printed on our vouchers, "can not be redeemed in Celler Masters, Michael's or Molecular. Obviously every cruise is different.

Well we had late dining and were in the main dining room until 10:15 - 10:30 most nights. I don't remember it being a ghost town, but whatever.

Also the breakfast buffet (Ocean View Cafe) was crowded most mornings - later - not earlier. We had wished the MDR had been opened until 9:30 AM for breakfast, especially on sea days, so we didn't have to mess with the crowds at the buffet.

We did a Transatlantic on Constellation, and it seemed like the anytime dining was pretty much done around 9:00-9:30pm. We were down one deck below at regular late seating until around 10:30 each night.

I wish they would just go to coupons ALL the time, regardless of the number of elites on board.

Many still liked the camaraderie of the assigned area, so a large group reserved a section of the Rendezvous Lounge every night and met each other there.

We loved the flexibility of going to a different place every evening.

With coupons everyone is happy.

Wow. Not that it matters but that surprises me... Is this fleet-wide? :confused:

Things like this vary ship to ship, itinerary to itinerary and sailing to sailing and staff to staff.

I've been given vouchers 3 per day delivered nightly for the following day with nightly turndown, I've been given vouchers all at the same time for the full trip, I've not been given vouchers because they use the lounge due to low number of elites. And I've had all 3 of these experiences this year, and 2 variations on the Summit itself out of Bermuda.

Part of the problem with Cruise Critic is what some experienced yesterday on ship A may not be what someone gets today on ship B but someone may get tomorrow on Ship C.

soooooo many variables people don't take into consideration when reading things and taking then as gospel fact.

What do you think of the quality of the wines that they offer?

Last cruise, we never used a single voucher because in the past, we didn't like the wine and we aren't big drinkers. If we order wine at dinner, a glass is enough for each of us. I know some people bring the wine into the MDR, but we didn't care for it. (the wine, that is)

Thanks for the replies!

I was hoping there wouldn't be time limit since we are doing the first seating and feel rushed since it starts 5 and by 6 we already need to go to dinner.:o

But if you have the coupons you can get a drink at a bar close to the MDR right at 6 PM and bring it to dinner.

Without the coupons you are not allowed to take drinks out of the Lounge where the event is being held.