Platinum benefits

teseo

What happens when pax have the UDP and the UBP? Obviously, the dinner is covered and with wine by the glass covered, the bottles of wine are unnecessary. Does the benefit "go to waste?" Or, can one gift it to friends that do not have either of the package.

You can take it with you and drink it in your room or give it to friends, crew members, take it home, etc.

Harriet

After my next cruise we both will be platinum, my questions is, if we cruise together, the benefits will be per person or per cabin?, like 2 dinners at Le Bistro, 2 bags of laundry, 2 bottles of wine. I am asking because the cruise after i may take my sister with us and she is first time NCL, so if the platinum benefits are per cabin, i will book her with DH and I'll book a studio for myself, just for check in, if they are per person, no need to bother. Thanks.

Booking yourself into the studio would net you one extra bottle of sparkling wine, one extra box of Godiva chocolates, and one extra plate of chocolate covered strawberries (these benefits per stateroom).

Wine is 1 per cabin as you know: dinner is 1 per person. Last cruise we used one certificate for Le Bistro and one for Modernos. We each got a free bag of laundry.

On our last cruise, in late May on the Jewel, we only got one free bag of laundry even though both of us were Platinum. But the previous year, on the Pearl in September 2013, we got 2 free bags of laundry. :confused:

On our last cruise, in late May on the Jewel, we only got one free bag of laundry even though both of us were Platinum. But the previous year, on the Pearl in September 2013, we got 2 free bags of laundry. :confused:

Then you should have contacted the cruise consultant on board. The laundry coupons are included in your individual platinum packets. Each platinum member gets a packet. One of your packets was missing a laundry coupon and the cruise consultant would have corrected it immediately.

Then you should have contacted the cruise consultant on board. The laundry coupons are included in your individual platinum packets. Each platinum member gets a packet. One of your packets was missing a laundry coupon and the cruise consultant would have corrected it immediately.

Or, simply write 'Platinum member' on the bag.....along with name and room number.

Harriet

Thanks for your response. OK, the wine is one per room, and anybody knows about the dinner and the laundry bag? is also 1 per room? is not clear on the NCL website.

My husband and I are both platinum. We each got a voucher for dinner for two in Le Bistro and a bottle of wine at dinner.

We each got a voucher for one free laundry bag special.

There was one bottle of champagne and a plate of chocolate strawberries per cabin, not for each of us.

Not sure if this was addressed...but I am sailing solo...will I still get dinner for 2?

Yes.

Only issue is that it is dinner for two. You can't have two dinners for one.

Thank you both....:)

The Latitudes rewards list something called a "Welcome Gift". I'm sure I had some idea of what this was in the past, but I've completely forgotten now.

What is the "welcome gift"?

Currently a (small) box of Godiva chocolates.

Edited by Demonyte

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the info. We are going on 2 cruises in Dec, on getaway and then a day later on the epic. We will both be platinum after the getaway. Good to know we can both get a free dinner and bottle of wine! But some of you have said you could get the free dinner at Moderno and not just Bistro. Is that still true? Thanks!

But some of you have said you could get the free dinner at Moderno and not just Bistro. Is that still true? Thanks!

That depends on the ship, read the fine print once you'll get the vouchers. We haven't been on Epic as Platinums (that was our last cruise as Gold), but on other ships we have never used those vouchers in Le Bistro either, usually Moderno or La Cucina.

Most likely you'll need to meet with the Cruise Consultant after boarding in order to get your level upgraded (and vouchers delivered later on) since they print keycards and distribute Latitudes paperwork based on information from few days earlier when your level hasn't yet upgraded.

In other words, your keycards will probably still state "Gold" on them when you check in for Epic, that is completely normal in that situation and can be fixed after boarding, the check-in personnel can't help you with that so don't worry about it. :)

Edited by Demonyte