Sail Away Cocktail Party Question

• 3 weeks later...
We got lucky and got a major deal on Oasis Sky Suite for next month.

I want to set up a sail away cocktail party for my friends and family (about 20 people). Any idea who/how I can get that set up in advance?

Hey Bobby...

I'm curious if the Concierge was able to get something set up for you. We're on the same week as you, 15 friends and fam, and would like to do the same.

Haven't received the official Concierge welcome email yet so I didn't want to bombard them with stuff prematurely.

Feel free to email me with any info/details you may have if that is more appropriate than posting here.

Thanks!

Mike

mikewolfejr AT gmail DOT com

Edited by PA Schooners

Hey Bobby...

I'm curious if the Concierge was able to get something set up for you. We're on the same week as you, 15 friends and fam, and would like to do the same.

Haven't received the official Concierge welcome email yet so I didn't want to bombard them with stuff prematurely.

Feel free to email me with any info/details you may have if that is more appropriate than posting here.

Thanks!

Mike

mikewolfejr AT gmail DOT com

Mike - I haven't heard back from the Concierge. I did receive my Suite Concierge email from Royal Caribbean. We set sail this Saturday. Hopefully I hear something before we fly to Ft Lauderdale

Mike - I haven't heard back from the Concierge. I did receive my Suite Concierge email from Royal Caribbean. We set sail this Saturday. Hopefully I hear something before we fly to Ft Lauderdale

Strange. Earlier last week I got a same-day response for a cabana reservation on the 11/22 sailing.

Debating whether I should resend the email. I'm not a demanding or impatient person, so I don't want to come off that way before we even board the ship, especially having not received the welcome email to begin with.

I guess I'll give it till tomorrow and call C&A too see of they are aware of any technical issues with the emails before I fire off a second attempt by email.

Anyway, thanks vote the response! See you on board! !

Strange. Earlier last week I got a same-day response for a cabana reservation on the 11/22 sailing.

Debating whether I should resend the email. I'm not a demanding or impatient person, so I don't want to come off that way before we even board the ship, especially having not received the welcome email to begin with.

I guess I'll give it till tomorrow and call C&A too see of they are aware of any technical issues with the emails before I fire off a second attempt by email.

Anyway, thanks vote the response! See you on board! !

The on board event coordinator (shore side, I presume) eventually said to task to the group coordinator on deck 3 after we board. We are part of a group booking. They will "help us" even though her first response was that the concierge handles Suite private events.

Whatever. .. Not worth the aggravation.

I never thought of having a bartender and open bar. How did you set that up in advance? We are doing March on Oasis with my brother's family and a couple of friends (15 total) and we have an OS.

I was going to just have everybody bring a couple of bottles of champagne and order some snacks. But it we can get a fully stocked bar with bartender that would be very cool.

I never thought of having a bartender and open bar. How did you set that up in advance? We are doing March on Oasis with my brother's family and a couple of friends (15 total) and we have an OS.

I was going to just have everybody bring a couple of bottles of champagne and order some snacks. But it we can get a fully stocked bar with bartender that would be very cool.

Contact the Concierge by email a couple of weeks before the cruise and he/she can set it up.

The Oasis of the Seas' Concierge confirmed today! Cocktails and canapes

Your buddy forwarded our request to the Groups department on deck 3, presumably because we're booked as part of ... a group? All I know is I'm glad I'm not the one responsible for the group master on board account. haha

Looks like a very nice service that is appropriately priced relative to other on board costs. They gave me til tomorrow (thursday) afternoon to let them know what options we want.

I hesitate posting cost information, as I'm sure others hosting parties wouldn't necessarily want to broadcast to their guests how much money they spent.

Anyway, got 'er done, albeit in a roundabout fashion!

Sail Away Cocktail Party and PTZtv Group Wave.... check.

See ya on board!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We are just off the Oasis of the Seas yesterday. We held a sail away party on our gigantic balcony and had 24 people attend. The Concierge Israel set it up and the bar staff and fold that brought the canapés, cheese plate, veggie tray me desert trays were awesome. They did everything from table cloths to cleanup.

Needless to say it was decently priced to have 12 beers, two red wines and two white wines along with the food. If you plan to hold such an event, I recommend telling your guests to bring a beverage with them. The latter really cuts down on the cost.

If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will get some of them posted here