Info about new aft GS's on Oasis

Since I have recently become hooked on aft-corner suites, I've been doing a bit of research on some of the new cabins that are part of the recent Oasis changes. Specifically, the six new aft Grand Suites, and how they may differ from the others on the ship.

As usual, there are some conflicting statistics and statements out there about these new cabins, but here are a few things that seem to be consistent across multiple sources. These sources include Royal's customer service agents, Royal's web pages and deckplans, and a few other cruise-related sites. I know, not always the most reliable sources, but since they all seem to match as far as the info below, I thought I'd share...

The six new GS's are located on decks 11, 12 and 14, and are just above the Aqua Suites (which are on decks 8, 9 and 10). Like the Aqua Suites, the GS's vary in size depending on which deck you choose. The lower the deck, the larger the size, both for the cabin and the balcony. Another difference is that the new cabins have just one sink compared to two in the older, established GS's. Maybe a slight inconvenience for some, but hopefully not a deal breaker.

Below are the sizes of the traditional GS's as well as the six new aft ones...

Traditional Grand Suites feature a bedroom with two twin beds that convert to Royal King, living area with double sofa bed and lounge seating and a private bathroom with tub and two sinks (371 square feet, balcony 114 square feet).

Deck 11 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (11330 and 11730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony (466 square feet, balcony 470 square feet).

Deck 12 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (12330 and 12730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony (433 square feet, balcony 362 square feet).

Deck 14 - Newly enhanced Grand Suites (14330 and 14730) have one bathroom sink, additional square footage in both stateroom and balcony (421 square feet, balcony 136 square feet).

Here are the links to the RCI pages that contain this info...

I'm sure there will be more posts about these cabins over the next few weeks, including some pictures, but hopefully this bit of information will be a start for some of you that are thinking of booking these new suites. If nothing else, they should be a great place to watch the Aquatheater shows. Enjoy!

Edited by TheInnocentAge

You got a link to the complete deck plans? Other ships too?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2110638&page=2

Post #11 and #25 for Oasis

All other deck plans can be found on RC website. There are other sites out there but cannot be mentioned on CC

I cruise, would be where I would start to look for other Deckplans :)

You got a link to the complete deck plans? Other ships too?

RocketMan,

From the Royal Caribbean homepage, look under 'plan a cruise' and click 'ships'. Choose your ship you want, then once that page opens, scroll down a bit and click 'deck plans'. You can then choose which deck you want to see. For more detail, click 'printable deck plans', which will open up more descriptions of the cabins, etc.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

We have 12730 booked. Looking forward to seeing the pics and if we don't like what we see we have time to switch back to a regular GS. The idea of a giant balcony is appealing but if it's so deep we don't have a view ours will go back into inventory! Hope the first wave of cruisers give us lots of pics!

I was lucky enough to get GS 11730 booked for my Sept 2015 sailing on Oasis...can't wait to see pics of the bigger suite and huge wraparound balcony soon! The one sink doesn't bother me though...:D

And I just nabbed 11330 for my Sept 2015 Oasis cruise:D

And I just nabbed 11330 for my Sept 2015 Oasis cruise:D

Nice!

I was already booked on the Oasis for October 2015, but once I saw how appealing these new cabins are, I went in earlier this week and booked 11330 for Spring of 2016. To top it off, there was a price drop of $435 the very next day. Score!

Nice!

I was already booked on the Oasis for October 2015, but once I saw how appealing these new cabins are, I went in earlier this week and booked 11330 for Spring of 2016. To top it off, there was a price drop of $435 the very next day. Score!

Definite score! I've actually been stalking the RCI website. Missed 11330 the first time but it popped up again and I was smart enough to put it on courtesy hold before I called my TA. I don't care about one sink, I only use one at a time anyway:D

Definite score! I've actually been stalking the RCI website. Missed 11330 the first time but it popped up again and I was smart enough to put it on courtesy hold before I called my TA. I don't care about one sink, I only use one at a time anyway:D

I'm with you. Having one sink instead of two is a minor detail, and I only thought to mention it because someone had pointed it out to me. Can't wait to enjoy that balcony!

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, I had seen those pics recently on another thread similar to this one. Nice pics. I know there are three Aqua Suites, and now three new GS's, so is that lowest one (the one that is one deck above the aqua pool in the first pic) a public balcony?

I know there's no deck 13, so the GS's are on 11, 12 & 14, and the AS's are on 8, 9 & 10. So that I have my bearings right, is that "Jeff & Robin" banner on the deck 9 balcony?

Edited by 1 Buffett Fan

Just curious because you say you are hooked on aft suites, have you been on Norweign's Getaway and stayed in the aft penthouse? If not, that is by far the best deck ever! I personally wouldn't like the aft GS on the Oasis or Allure because of the know privacy. I enjoy sunbathing and relaxing with know lookers around.

Just curious because you say you are hooked on aft suites, have you been on Norweign's Getaway and stayed in the aft penthouse? If not, that is by far the best deck ever! I personally wouldn't like the aft GS on the Oasis or Allure because of the know privacy. I enjoy sunbathing and relaxing with know lookers around.

No, I haven't tried the Getaway, but thanks for the suggestion. I know what you mean about the privacy, but I was willing to give up a bit of that just this once to be able to experience these new suites, and I got a great price (about $2500 less than the aft penthouse on the Getaway). A balcony area of almost 500 square feet and the view of the AquaTheater shows will more than make up for any lack of privacy.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Yes, I had seen those pics recently on another thread similar to this one. Nice pics. I know there are three Aqua Suites, and now three new GS's, so is that lowest one (the one that is one deck above the aqua pool in the first pic) a public balcony?

I know there's no deck 13, so the GS's are on 11, 12 & 14, and the AS's are on 8, 9 & 10. So that I have my bearings right, is that "Jeff & Robin" banner on the deck 9 balcony?

Right. Going from the top down. 14 is the smallest, followed by 12 next to the control booth new aft suite deck 11, aquasuite seck 10 and the deck 9 aquasuite with the banner. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

I saw those as well, and figured they were yours! Good shots. Looks like you were fairly elevated when you took them. I'm not that familiar with that port, so I can't quite picture where you were.

I was on the upper deck of the Explorer of the Seas.

TI_zps2f132066.jpg

TK_zpsb19740d0.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

• 2 months later...