Want to try a new cruiseline

princessa

To the OP:

NCL will have a periodic Kids Sail Free offer, where passengers 3-6 will not have to pay a cruise fare, just port fees and taxes. You might want to keep your eyes open for something like that, you can get a family suite that way and not be paying a huge amount.

That sounds terrific. Hopefully they have that sale soon. I remember Carnival and RCI having that sale. I must of missed it when NCL had it.

We are trying celebrity for the first time in April. An 8 day cruise on celebrity was cheaper than a 5 day in carnival! Unfortunately, carnival has done nothing to win our loyalty....we've had great times but it's time to try other lines.
You'll love the relocation cruise on the Summit. We did the southbound last year and my Dad was on the southbound last week. It was our first experience with the 1-2-3 Go Promo with the included classic alcohol package and it was great. We paid the extra 11.50 to upgrade to premium and we enjoyed the high end spirits at the Martini Bar as well as the unlimited espresso based coffees, San Pellegrino water and fresh squeezed juices.

Hi All,

I would like to start by saying that I absolutely love CCL and have sailed them almost exclusively with one RCI exception which was pretty similar in my opinion.

I really want to try a new line just for a new experience but they are all so much more expensive that I can't afford them:(

We are a family of 5 so two rooms are needed and I recently have become addicted to balcony rooms which makes matters worse.

All you Carnival cruisers that have cruised other lines, are we missing out? and if we are, which cruiseline do you think we should try?

I appreciate all your feedback:)

Thanks,

Truthfully speaking, all cruise lines do pretty much the same thing. Some slight differences between them (such as NCLs Freestyle cruising which is only in regards to their MDR). Ship layouts are probably the biggest difference. You can find some good sale prices on all the lines (such as the KSF sales (Kids Sail Free)) that NCL runs from time to time.

I encourage everyone to try multiple lines to find out which cruise line is a best fit for that person/family.

Edited by Out to sea!

Like you we've cruised primarily on Carnival. This past July we went on a Princess cruise to Alaska. Best service we've ever had on any ship.

Our last Carnival cruise, on the Dream, left a lot be desired. It was absolutely the worst cruise we've ever been on in terms of service and food. It was more like a nightmare than a Dream!

Like you we've cruised primarily on Carnival. This past July we went on a Princess cruise to Alaska. Best service we've ever had on any ship.

Our last Carnival cruise, on the Dream, left a lot be desired. It was absolutely the worst cruise we've ever been on in terms of service and food. It was more like a nightmare than a Dream!

Our friends were on the Dream in February and they said the same thing. Not sure what the problem is with that ship but sad to hear they did not improve.

We didn't get a room for 5 but on NCL it wasn't bad at all to book my husband, I and our 10 month old in a balcony and then my 16 and 18 year old across the hall in an inside cabin, it was nice to have the extra space as well. We really enjoyed the food, service and entertainment on NCL. I don't know about now, but at the time their prices beat Carnival and RC.

I was on the enchantment of the seas. Husband and I are early 40's, kids are 11, 14, 21.
Edited by tkportersat

We had a blast on the NCL Getaway out of Miami. The food was far from gross and we didn't feel nickel and dimed to death. Also, we felt that there were more available activities than our prior Disney Cruise.

The Disney Dream was a great ship and we had a ball. There was plenty for the kids to do and the shows were amazing.

You can't go wrong with either one.