Island to Alaska with Pictures (part 2)

cworld

Just a reminder of our advertising guidelines that include a prohibition to linking to a personal webpage that generates business, i.e. that sell products, request people to visit to support that site etc. etc. Our guidelines are set forth below. Thanks in advance for your coooperation

Advertising Guidelines

Cruise Critic has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards.

Our Cruise Boards are meant to be a cruiser's exchange of advice and tips where cruisers can talk about their travels -- not a marketplace for advertising and selling services. There are thousands of cruise professionals online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the cruise boards would be very quickly overrun with nothing but ads.

Cruise Critic defines advertising as an individual or company's attempt to generate business or other commercial enterprise, either directly or indirectly, by using our Cruise Board. Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, requests to be E-mailed, the posting of phone numbers for your business, and the referring to or posting of one's own Web site address.

Hey guys! First off nice pics! Looks like your ship was a lot bigger and nice then mine. I think your boat might have been docked when mine was as well.

I took this Picture from the Orca Enterprises boat!

whalejump01xg2.th.jpg

I've got some photos of bald eagles, and other wildlife including a Whale in my Photo Gallery on my website if anyone is intrested.

Regal Princess to Alaska

http://applew.com/news/alaska-cruise

-Playah' in the game called Life

:) http://applew.com

applew - great picture!!!! I was on the same cruise as cworld and wanted to do the Orca excursion but didn't. I had my parents and another couple along on their first trip to Alaska so I did mostly what they wanted to do.

Where's cworld? I hope they don't still have him working. I'm still working on that patience thing.

Gail

This one got deleted. I hope it stays this time.

Sorry, but I’m kinda at a loss as to what to say now. Our Super Supper, last real meal was good. Not [/url]knock your socks off, but it was real good. I still say that overall the meals were not as good as we had anticipated, but that’s only because we expected greatness. It’s kinda like some of my writing, you come here expecting greatness, and occasionally you get just less than greatness, and it’s disappointing. I know how you feel. That’s what we experienced on the Island Princess. Not greatness, but something a little less.

Until...

Dessert. The last straw. The final chance. One last stab for our dreams of a culinary explosion to be fulfilled. It’s now or never... Sing it Elvis...

All together now... It’s now or never, come hold me tight... (Why’s the dog howling?)

Lurch and Fred brought the dessert menus. It was getting a little late and we talked about not ordering dessert but, that wasn't really an option. We're not the dessert skipping kind.

I looked over the dessert menu. While I’m looking I vaguely remember something I’d read about something called a Love Boat something. And there on the menu was a Love Boat Dream. Like I said I vaguely remembered something about the Love Boat Dream. The description was something like:

Fluffy Dark Suisse Chocolate Mousse, flavored with Lady Godiva Liqueur.

Now that made my just want to run out and order a hundred or so. I don’t remember in my day eating a lot of fluffy mousses. It doesn’t sound too appetizing. The Mrs’sssss (Mrs. New Jersey, and Mrs. C) were ordering it, so me being the totally independent, non conformist that I am, I ordered the cheesecake (for the sixth night in a row.) Sometimes you just don’t want to mess with tradition.

In a minute here came Lurch or Fred with the desserts. It was around 8:15 by now. I was starting to worry a little about getting a seat at the 8:45 Tribute show. I didn’t want to miss it. So the plan was to gobble down dessert, and hoof it out as quickly as possible to the show.

The really good thing about dinners in the dining room is that you don’t have to wait for the check, BECAUSE THERE’S NOT ONE!!!! That’s really a neat thing. I don’t know how many times we’ve had a nice meal ruined by the fact that we had to wait forever for the check. I know that in fine dining, you’re supposed to relax over a cigar or a nice drink or something after a meal, but I’m afraid that’s not in my makeup. Whenever I’m done eating, I’m done eating. Let me go. I get to feel a little trapped if I’m not moving 5 minutes after I’m through eating. For me I’d rather pay for a meal before hand than have to wait for some mediocre waiter to figure our check, than go get the manager to figure our check, or even worse yet completely forget us. I’m a busy man, I’m always in a hurry, get me out of here. (You should have seen how fast I typed this paragraph. I’m a busy man. What? Get something done? Nah, not important, I’m just busy.)

Oh, yeah... I’m relaxing on our cruise. I’ve given up all that busy stuff for the week and I’m slowing down. Relaxing. Ahhh. (It’s even hard to write.)

So not having to wait for the check, we were gonna wolf down the dessert and run. (I said that already didn’t I?) So here came our mundane, same old, same old, desserts. Nothing new under the sun.

I looked over at the Mrs.ssss Love Boat Dreams. They weren’t what I was expecting. I was expecting something that looked mousseee (I’m sure that’s not a real word, but you get my drift.) Something like the old chocolate jello pudding without the congealed top.

But the Love Boat Dreams the Mrs.sss had didn’t look like I expected. They (the Love Boat Dreams, not the Mrs.sss) had a big dark chocolate heart on top of some dark chocolate jello pudding looking stuff, with what looked like an Oreo cookie base. There was also some raspberry looking syrup poured around the plate. Now this looked interesting. It made my scrawny piece of cheesecake look a pretty wimpy.

If that tastes as good as it looks I’m going to be really sorry I didn’t order it.

Geeezz, I hate to wait for the check I am so with you on that one! My DH has made it a point to tell me to be Patient.....wait a minute PATIENT..Carl YOU weren't patient... is there a double standard here? Of course there is...

Missed reading you, sounds like Mrs C really has your number.:D

Dianne

I started poutingly eating my cheesecake. It was very good. Yum, Yum. By the way dear... How’s that dream thing?

Oh, Carl, you really ought to try this. It will make you slap your mother.

I’ve never understood why I’d want to slap my mother. I like my mother. It’s been a lot of years since I wanted to slap her but that’s another story.

No thanks, I’ll just eat my puny cheesecake.

Really dear, you need to try a bite. Mrs. C kept saying.

I resisted for a long time, a really long time. It was at least 20 seconds. (Remember 20 seconds in controller time is like 10 minutes in real people time.) And then I reached over and grabbed Mrs. C’s plate.

Hey...

I was just doing what you told me to. I’m just trying a bite.

So I did, and yes you silly ninnies, I did give Mrs. C back her plate, minus a big chunk of dessert.

I know I’ve used it before, but just imagine the scene in When Harry met Sally where Sally is pretending to... better not say that, I’m in enough trouble already. Where Sally was making happy noises in the restaurant. That’s what happened to me. It was a little embarrassing. I made so much noise that Lurch and Fred ran right over to see what the commotion was.

Get me one of these things. NOW BOYS!!!!!! I gotta have one for my own. I don’t care what time it is, and it was getting late, I want, I want, I want... FEED ME!!!!

I had been looking for the knockout punch all week in the dining room, and finally here it was. This was exactly what I had expected. This was the over the bar, exceeds expectations, National Championship, World Series Title, Home RUN I had hoped for all week.

Fred and Lurch came running back with 2 more Love Boat Dreams. (No I wasn’t being that much of a pig, when I ordered one, so did Mr. New Jersey.

And there it was. A Love Boat Dream of my very own. I have craved things before, I’ve driven hundreds of miles for special meals, I’ve eaten in 20 or so states, but I don’t think I’ve ever had anything I wanted as much as that Love Boat Dream.

Whoooooo Hoooooooo

To Camperhawk:

Oh, yes, my DH ordered and ate every bite of his Love Boat Dream and didn't even offer me a bite to replace the HUGE chunk he ate of mine!!!!!

So there we sat--the New Jerseys and us--all with stupid grins on our faces; far-away looks in our eyes; and all of us making "When Harry Met Sally happy noises".

To Camperhawk:

Oh, yes, my DH ordered and ate every bite of his Love Boat Dream and didn't even offer me a bite to replace the HUGE chunk he ate of mine!!!!!

So there we sat--the New Jerseys and us--all with stupid grins on our faces; far-away looks in our eyes; and all of us making "When Harry Met Sally happy noises".

TOO FUNNY!!!!! Love it Love it Love it!!!!!

I know how you feel Sea Fan. Our last dinner was sooo bad and the service was soooo slow, we actually had to skip dessert so we could pack and get our bags in the hall in time. I had forgotten all about the Love Boat Dream until now. Well.....I guess we'll just have to take another Island Princess Cruise (darn, what a bummer)

It was getting close to time for Tribute, but I didn't care. I was relishing, enjoying, savoring, luxuriating in, soaking up, wantonly lapping up every morsel of the dreamy Love Boat Dream. Like Mrs. C said, we were all silently (or maybe not so silently) snarfing down our desserts. And contrary to her recollection, I did offer her a replacement bite of my dessert, I just didn’t do it out loud. She needs to work on here telepathy.

Finally our last major meal on the Island Princess came to an end. It was a fitting end to our cruise, and maybe even a proper capping off of the week. It really was what we were hoping for all week. If we’d eaten like this all week, we would have had no complaints at all. It was really good.

And like you should after such a fine meal, we got up and ran out of the restaurant so we could get to Tribute. So much for relaxing and enjoyment.

And contrary to her recollection, I did offer her a replacement bite of my dessert, I just didn’t do it out loud. She needs to work on here telepathy.

My DH, what is "here telepathy"????? Are you talking about ESP or as our daughter would say ESPN?????

HELP!!!!! A couple of weeks ago I suggested to my DH that what I want for Xmas 2007 is one last family vacation. In April 2008 (hopefully, if she quits making D's), daughter will graduate from college and in May, 2008, son will graduate from high school. So I want one last family "go into major credit card debt/no in-laws/just the 4 of us" vacation. My DH and I brainstormed for a couple of days before we presented it to the kids. Can you believe they chose Rodent World over a Princess cruise to the Caribbean????? :eek: What's wrong with kids today? How can we convince them to take a cruise?

Archived