Island to Alaska with Pictures (part 2)

cworld

Part 2 of my interview on WKRZ.

(5 minutes of commercials for stuff nobody uses. Including about 4 minutes of “don’t use this if”. It was exciting radio.)

Hey everybody, welcome back. I, Bob Smith the afternoon ruler of cruise talk radio am here with Carl Trent one of the internets leading travel trip report authors. I, Bob Smith have been talking about Carl’s trip to Alaska last year, and about his online extravaganza in which he describes in mind-numbing detail everything he and his wife did on their trip.

So Carl, one of my favorite parts of your exploits is the part where you found the manuscript from the Sak-a-chauw Indians greatest warrior and allowed me, Bob Smith one of the worlds foremost experts on the Sak-a-chauw language, to analyze this diary and share it with your wonderful listeners. It was really fun for me, Bob Smith, to work with you on the translation of pssshbbt’s interesting diary. What was your favorite part of working on that great work.

Well, Bob, I must say that my favorite part of that whole episode was when I came back from Florida...

Thanks Carl for reminding me of that. Wasn’t that just great. I, Bob Smith great dead Indian language expert, loved that part too. We’re starting to run out of time so let me ask you one last question. You’ve been writing about this 9 day trip for over 17 months now, how much longer do you plan to drag this whole thing out? You seem to have lost a little steam lately. Are you ever going to finish? Or are you going to make this thing an eternal memoriam to something that is long over. Isn’t it about time you just went riding off into the sunset or something?

(Star Wars music starts playing again.)

Oh, sorry Carl, that music means that your time is up. Stay tuned loyal listeners after the break I, Bob Smith, the man, the legend, the way of life, will have, right here in our KRuZin studio, the male cast of the Flintstones. Fred, Barney, Dino and Bam-Bam will all be here in the flesh, with me Bob Smith radio broadcaster extraordinaire.

And that was it. I’m glad it’s over. I hate doing interviews. I don’t like talking about myself. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed doing it. Next time we’ll talk about the hotel in Anchorage.

In the immortal words of one of our local sports radio guys... Seeeee-yaaaa.

(Hear the Brenda Lee singing in the background) I'm sorry. So sorry. Please accept my apology.

Yes, I've been neglectful. It seems I've found another interest. A long lost love interest has re-entered my life. (And please, you dirty minded people, it's not anything Mrs. C has to worry about.) I've started reading again. I've lost my soul in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I'm rereading it again for about the 4th time, but this time I'm starting with book 1 and going all of the way through book 12. If you have any interest in Fantasy I would highly recommend this series.

I promise that tomorrow, Wednesday October 24th, 2006 I will post something new and maybe even interesting. And I'll try to post at least 2 times a week until I have said everything there is to say. (Unless RJ works some of his incredible magic on me and I get mesmerized again.)

Thanks again for your support.

Until tomorrow...

Patience.

PS. I wonder where you go to submit a write in candidate for that book thingy?

Apology accepted, a little late is better than nothing! We had a great cruise, Princess came through again for us! However I don't know why Bob is back cuz I think I met that rude @$$ on board! Glad to hear reading was your reason for being pre-occupied, on the side enjoyment and research is always good! Keep it coming, at least I can read this and get a little "fix" of Carl's travels while I am doing the laundry and getting back to reality. Thanks

camperhawk - I'm sitting here at the moment watching the webcam on the Caribbean Princess leave port -- I've got friends on the ship. I see one thing wrong with the picture :mad: I'm not on the ship with them :mad: Did you enjoy the Caribbean Princess? I took family along last year on the Caribbean Princess and we all loved it.

cworld - thanks for the "fix" for cruising. You continue to still bring back good memories of our "Island" to Alaska cruise.

Gail

camperhawk - I'm sitting here at the moment watching the webcam on the Caribbean Princess leave port -- I've got friends on the ship. I see one thing wrong with the picture :mad: I'm not on the ship with them :mad: Did you enjoy the Caribbean Princess? I took family along last year on the Caribbean Princess and we all loved it.

cworld - thanks for the "fix" for cruising. You continue to still bring back good memories of our "Island" to Alaska cruise.

Gail

Gail, know that feeling, horrible to come home to winds and rain here!

We loved the CB, had a great time, wonderful service, great ports, and just a great cruise!!

Gail

Gail,

We just did the Crown Princess a few weeks ago and she was lovely.

Marilee

Okay, this it..I am officially turning Carl in for "Fan Neglect"!

ne‧glect/nɪˈglɛkt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ni-glekt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used with object) 1.to pay no attention or too little attention to; disregard or slight: The public neglected his genius for many years. 2.to be remiss in the care or treatment of: to neglect one's family; to neglect one's appearance. 3.to omit, through indifference or carelessness: to neglect to reply to an invitation. 4.to fail to carry out or perform (orders, duties, etc.): to neglect the

Now I realize, that this may have some serious consequences for the above mentioned person, but it has to be done!

I personally don't feel it needs to go any further than this legally, as I don't think that the "above mentioned person" could possibly intend to cause harm or even think about it , as he is caught up with his new friend..Robert Jordan.

And......if this little post helps him to get the heck out of here..so be it!

We will miss you Carl and Mrs. C's humour and taking us all on a wonderful journey! Hope You both get to cruise again!

I'll be looking forward to your eventual book and Oprah debut.:D

Thanks again Carl..and in the immortal words of Camperhawk....

Sea Ya on the Ocean!

Mr. Trent, how do you plead to the heinous charge of neglecting your fans?

GUILTY, your Honor, very, very guilty.

Mr. Trent, do you have anything to say explaining your behavior before I impose your sentence?

No, your Honor, I've just been a bad, bad boy.

Are you planning anything to make up for you gross negligence?

Well, your Honor, I try, but something always comes up.

Boy, that doesn't sound too helpful.

Yes, your Honor, I know, but that's the way it is. Life happens.

Son, I hearby pronounce you guilty of the charge of neglecting your fans, and sentence you to...

Your Honor, may I interrupt?

You want to interrupt me in the middle of pronouncing your sentence? Are you out of your mind?

Yes sir, I probably am, but I thought it might be appropriate to let the neglectees pronounce my sentence. It only seems fair. They are the ones that have been neglected. They are the ones that deserve to get some measure of revenge. Please sir, allow me to be punished by those I have so grieviously wronged.

Son, I think you have a good idea there. I hereby proclaim that sentencing will be differed until Thursday at noon, at which time we will convene again and finalize your eternal fate. We are adjourned.

I hereby suggest that Carl and Mrs. C must take another cruise forthwith. That way, he'd have to write another travelogue that we all enjoy so much it hurts.

I reserve the right to amend my choice in sentencing, however, in case something better comes along and I want to jump on that bandwagon.;)

Trial of the Century!!! Very nice recovery Carl!

However, and there is always a "however" or an "if"....As I myself am against capital punishment but not against flogging with a wet noodle, there should be a happy medium for all the neglectees.

So hear Ye hear Ye!!! the sentencing will begin...

All the neglectees.(loyal fans) your sentencing for Mr. Trent begins, he has already pleaded guilty. So what shall be the punishment?:eek:

Mrs Cworld,

How about if we all vote? My vote is you take another cruise. What does everyone else think?

Marilee

Good idea Marilee. EVERYBODY listen up. It's time for all of you to get involved. You say that I've been neglectful, well it's time for all of you to stand up and be counted.

I've created a poll on the website (which I can't actually link to, but if you type in my first name followed by travels and then add the dot com thing, you'll see a link to the poll at the bottom of the page) which will allow you to vote on the penalty you wish to impart to me, you're humble, good-natured, fun-loving, warm, baby-kissing, host for the unforgiveable crime of neglect.

Thank you for your participation, and may God have mercy on my soul.

PS. You can add comments if you want to.

Where is the all above choice?:D

One of the things I forgot to mention is that you can vote for more that one time. All you have to do is close your browser and open a new one. Repeat the steps above and vote again. Stuff the ballot box. Let the dead vote... Oops too much election coverage this week.

Since this isn't really "live from the ship" with pictures anymore you might want to start a thread on the Floataway board.. We love having reviews, pictures etc. on the cruise line board but this is more of a "chat room" type thread now. I don't really want to move the entire thing over there or close this thread. .. There is no way to split it, unfortunately.

The private poll on Carl's website is more for Floataway Lounge.

Caroline are you kidding me? expletives left out!

This has been a great thread..No, there is no way that this whole thread can be moved or split as you say!

Noone is promoting a group..and if you don't know what the poll is for, I am sorry for you because you haven't read the whole thread!

Carl ..there may be a new trial coming up! Mine!

Whoa, I go away a few days and look what happens! Caroline, Carl imparts a wealth of knowledge here about his cruise to Alaska and as people go on there cruises they jump in and add helpful tidbits. We have gained a lot of knowledge in a informative fun way, I sure hope we can leave this thread as is and just keep adding and commenting on our trips.

Thanks, Dianne

So I don't get called neglectful again, I'm going to be "indisposed" for the next few days. I'll try to get something up by next weekend. That is if the evil fairies haven't shut this thread down by then.

Off with his head.

Ha, Ha, I kill me.

Archived