Free Restaurants on QM2

Venice lover

My husband and I cruised on QM2 a few years ago. I have been searching for small, free restaurants from that time, unsuccessfully. The big restaurant would break down into smallers restaurants with different focuses, example Chef Galley. Can anyone give me information about this idea? WE are getting ready to cruise the Translatlantic on QM2. Any suggestions?

Everything's included, and there are no restaurants other than the dining room, the buffet (including a few special stations, e.g., healthy, pasta/pizza, burger grill, etc.) and the Golden Lion pub (plus a few small plates at Sir Samuel's coffee bar are available and complimentary, coffee/tea is for a charge), except Todd English specialty restaurant (all carte) and the $10 per person themed dinner served in a tucked away section of the King's Court buffet area (three different menus are offered on rotation, Lotus (Asian), Coriander (Indian) and forgot name (Italian).

I posted a few Daily Programmes and menus from our July-Aug crossing here--on page 4 of the dailies, you will see the dining line-up: https://sites.google.com/site/qm2transatlantic28july2014/

Have a great TA!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Artemis

Here are menus of the alternative restaurants on QM2 from our September crossing. As mentioned above, Lotus, Coriander, and La Piazza have required a $10 pp cover charge for some years now. Bon appétit anyway.

I can dig through my collection of Programmes to verify, but from my first Crossing in August 2011 I recall this as the OP does: Chef's Galley carried a $10 cover charge, the other alternatives in King's Court did not. But the current situation is as reported above: no more Chef's Galley (including the omelet station at breakfast) and a $10 cover for Lotus, Coriander and La Piazza, with two of the three being open most nights.

fishywood, your memory is correct. The $10 Chef's Galley meal we all experienced in 2011 featured a single-seating involving a cooking demonstration with custom prepared meal. They've dispensed with the demo and are serving restaurant style (at whatever time you choose to book) from a short menu of the cuisine of the night (only one is on offer per night, not two of the three--you can check the daily to find out what it will be that night or call to learn the schedule for future nights, reservations are recommended, although it didn't seem that busy on our voyage if you wanted to simply turn up).

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Artemis