Adding An Extra Person After Booking.

karoo

Just a quick question. I have booked a cruise as a solo on the Spirit and had to pay the double supplement. So in effect I have paid for two passengers. Now the BF has decided he might be able to come after all. Am I right in assuming I won't have to pay any extra other than the DSC? I would be interested to know if anyone has done this before or knows the answer. I have emailed my PCC, who I didn't book through. I booked the cruise online, but haven't heard back as yet. Thank You

First, your PCC won't be able to help you since you booked otherwise (unless you booked online with NCL). Second, a number of things depend. Normally, I'd say yes, no problem. But you've not said when your cruise is. A cruise line cannot book more people into a specific block of cabins that are attached to a lifeboat if all lifeboat seats are full. This normally comes into play when someone wants to add a 3rd or 4th person. If you are a long time away from your cruise, I'd say you're pretty much in the clear.

Don't know about NCL but I had the same situation with HAL last Nov. This may give you an idea of what to expect from NCL.

I booked a cruise online via HAL's website. Paid double the fare to travel solo in a partially obstructed oceanview. About 2 months out, a friend decided to join me after I had made final payment. I phoned HAL and was allowed to add a passenger (it's a win situation for them as they get one more passenger to spend money on board, which we all know is where the profits are for the cruise industry). But I had to pay the current rate for the exact same cabin. It was $227 more expensive (plus taxes/port fees for one more passenger). Don't know what they would've done if the price had gone down; maybe an upgrade or on board credit?

For my upcoming NCL cruise in Nov, I've also had problems with my PCC not returning voice messages nor responding to my e-mail (and I booked the cruise with him over the phone).

If you phone the toll free number for booked guests, and explain that you have an urgent matter and can't reach your PCC, they will transfer your call to another PCC who can pull up your file and deal with whatever your issue is. (For this upcoming cruise I've dealt with 3 different PCCs with regards to an upgrade, an upsell, and some OBC.)

And since OP is from Australia, I'm not sure what rules apply there. Did you book through NCL Australia, or U.S. Since you didn't book through a PCC, I'm guessing he/she is not to interested in it. Just call the main NCL number and get some help.

Just a quick question. I have booked a cruise as a solo on the Spirit and had to pay the double supplement. So in effect I have paid for two passengers. Now the BF has decided he might be able to come after all. Am I right in assuming I won't have to pay any extra other than the DSC? I would be interested to know if anyone has done this before or knows the answer. I have emailed my PCC, who I didn't book through. I booked the cruise online, but haven't heard back as yet. Thank You

Since you only paid port fees for one person there will probably be additional port fees and possibly other fees as well.

Thanks for all your feedback. I booked through the US site as that is the one I have always booked through and they have my login details etc. (I'm now Platinum).The Aus site is just new and unfortunately the call centre is an offshore one, which means their English is limited and it is hard to communicate. I was trying to get it sorted yesterday before booking the airfare and the US office wasn't open and the site was down.(Sunday here). I am however going to have to ring the NCL office as I've also booked the following cruise 15th-25th January. I have the original paper work, however I just got the reminder that final payment is due and they have added on another $350 -charging me what the fare is at the moment, not what I originally booked it for. When I log in, it also says I now have to pay more than I originally booked it for. Final payment is next week so it's not as if they've had to give me a late payment penalty. Unsure if anyone has had this problem before. I do have the original invoice so hopefully I can pay the amount I actually booked it for. Separate problem I know so I'll ask about that in another thread. Thanks everyone for all your help! I'll let you know the outcome.

Just letting everyone know. If I want to add a second person I only have to pay the extra port taxes for the second person. The cruise fare has gone up since booking, but the original booking stands. The separate problem has been sorted too, just a glitch in the system, so I only need to pay the price I originally booked the cruise at. So it was all good news for me. :D

Just letting everyone know. If I want to add a second person I only have to pay the extra port taxes for the second person. The cruise fare has gone up since booking, but the original booking stands. The separate problem has been sorted too, just a glitch in the system, so I only need to pay the price I originally booked the cruise at. So it was all good news for me. :D

I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Thanks for the update. I was interested in what they would do for you!

Last and final update- I just rang the office and paid the tax and port fees for the extra person-$125 extra. $125 is the same price as I paid for my tax and port fees on my original booking. The cruise has gone up, but the original booking price still stays the same. So I was happy to pay that.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app