Boat Arrives at 8am...can you make a 1:20 flight

tammijoe

Our boat will arrive at 8am...in Galveston....is there enough time to get off the boat get our things....get a cab back to hotel...(casa del mar) then drive to airport, drop off rental car and still be at check in for airlines by 12:00 for a 1:20 flight?

I haven't cruised out of Galveston, but I think you can! You will probably start disembarking at 9:20am, get your bags around 9:35am, and then clear customs. I have no idea which airport or where your hotel is, but I am fiquring that there is enough time. In Seattle, the ship arrived about 7:30am, we got off at 9:00am, got a car and got to the airport at 10:10am. We then waited on Standby for another flight other than the 11:59pm flight we originally planned. I thought we would explore Seattle before we went to the airport but we didn't. And, we got through security in 20 minutes. My parents always HAVE TO arrive at the airport exactly 2 HOURS before the flight.

-Chris

Have never had to do this but do live near Houston. You will only have about three hours from the time you get your bags to the time your plane leaves. I would be very uncomfortable with that time frame. Very, very tight.

What day does your ship get back? Houston rush hour is horrible M-F and on the weekends the freeways are sometimes closed/narrowed for road work. That is one of the problems with the Houston-Galveston link (I-45). It is the only direct way between Houston and Galveston but it is frequently under construction.

Have you considered using a limo/taxi/driver service to get to/from IAH? That would at least eliminate the time needed to find a taxi and stop by your hotel to get a rental car. If you plan on driving around the Houston/Galveston area before your cruise leaves, then the taxi idea would probably be more expensive.

Archived