Hotel the night before

jandtb

We're choosing to stay the night before our cruise this February and are looking for any input you may have to help us decide. We fly into FLL and are open to stay in the area or closer to the POM. For those familiar with either/both of those areas, which hotels would you suggest?

Thanks in advance, and happy cruising!!

Even though I am cruising out of Miami, I'm going to stop on my drive down in Ft. Lauderdale...I've booked a Laquinta...I can justify 130 bucks for a room but not the Miami prices..you can check hotels.com or kayak.com

good luck with your search

My experience living in Florida, it will be hard to find a nice hotel even north of Miami that has rooms under $200 in February. If you go inland from I95 you can, sometimes well inland. We have a two day event in late January on the East Coast there, (My Florida home is on the West Coast) and we actually had to try three or four hotels to get one with rooms. Don't get me wrong there are many rooms available, but occupancy is high then so the deals aren't usually there.

Even though a couple of people have answered your question, you are on the wrong page. You should be on 'NORTH AMERICAN HOME PORTS" Florida.

The Moderators will eventually bump this question there (just in case you realize your question disappeared".

There is a plethora of information on this topic there. Good luck and have a great cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

This is where you should be.:o

I would stay in the FLL area where hotels are typically cheaper than comparable properties in either Miami or Miami Beach. You can then use a shared shuttle to get to POM the morning of your cruise - typical fares start at about $15 per person for the 40+ minute drive.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of tourist and lodging info on the FLL area. It would help if you specified a budget? :confused: We typically try to stay at the Embassy Suites (dining/shopping nearby plus a free happy hour! :D) but there are many chain hotels in the downtown/17th street area in a variety of price ranges.

As mentioned above, Feb is peak tourist season - prices will be high and availability limited, so book early! ;)

We are doing the same - flying into FLL and cruising out of MIA the next day. We just booked a room at the Hilton - Blue Lagoon. We are sharing the $200 room with 2 friends that are flying in to Miami. So, basically at the Miami airport. I'm open to changing this. It all seems to be so complicated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're choosing to stay the night before our cruise this February and are looking for any input you may have to help us decide. We fly into FLL and are open to stay in the area or closer to the POM. For those familiar with either/both of those areas, which hotels would you suggest?

Thanks in advance, and happy cruising!!

Why not check out TripAdvisor?

We are doing the same - flying into FLL and cruising out of MIA the next day. We just booked a room at the Hilton - Blue Lagoon. We are sharing the $200 room with 2 friends that are flying in to Miami. So, basically at the Miami airport. I'm open to changing this. It all seems to be so complicated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How are you getting from FLL to your hotel? :confused: One way rental is likely your best bet; taxi will be about $80+ :eek: You could ride the Tri-Rail train from FLL to MIA for under $5 each and then use the hotel shuttle - if you are not in a hurry and can handle your own bags.

Blue Lagoon is a nice area near MIA with a local strip mall nearby - grocery, drug and liquor store :D plus dining and fast food options. A van/SUV cab should get all 4 of you to POM the next morning for about $30.

Your other option is a hotel in downtown Miami close to POM - it will be a $25+ cab ride for the other couple from MIA while you will need to use a cab/car service/shuttle to get from FLL to downtown Miami, Check out the Hyatt, Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Doubletree, Marriott (couple of options) and Holiday Inn. A $12+ cab the next morning will get your from downtown Miami to POM.

Good luck! :)