Antigua on your own?

lbt43

We did a beach day at an all inclusive resort. Coconut Beach Club resort.

It included use of chairs and pallapas

2 kayaks

Their pool

Lunch

Drinks

Wifi

Covered patios

It was $45 per person (I think it may be $50). Cab ride was $15 each way. Maybe 20 minute ride.

I posted contact information in this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2114088

Have a good cruise.

FYI for others that may have been interested:

I emailed requesting information and was told the hotel is closing for approx 18 months beginning May 31, 2015.

• 3 weeks later...
FYI for others that may have been interested:

I emailed requesting information and was told the hotel is closing for approx 18 months beginning May 31, 2015.

Thanks for the update.

I'll scratch that off my list of possible things to do! :)

Nothing like waiting until the last minute! Okay. I emailed Brent from Brent's taxi service who charges $20/pp for a couple of hours. I want to go to Nelson's Dockyard, somewhere to eat the Black Pineapple and then to Valley Church Beach. If anyone is interested or would like to add sites to this tour, please get back to me.

774822_10200435134460435_2023581294_o.jpg.40f47e18ffa293039aec66a0699f9026.jpg

Is anyone planning to take the Red Hook ferry over to St. John for the day? The ferry takes 20 minutes and costs $14.00 round trip; stay in Cruz Bay, walk to Honeymoon Beach or get over to Watermelon and then back to the ship by ferry. If you want to tag along, please get back to me.

Please keep in mind that the drivers of the public bus will not leave until the "bus" is full. It took over 20 minutes in a warm van for ours to fill up. My DH was a bit annoyed, but got over it after we arrived at the beach. The trip back was much better-- walked up to the road, caught a van back immediately.

BTW -- We took the bus to Darkwood. Great beach!!!

Nothing like waiting until the last minute! Okay. I emailed Brent from Brent's taxi service who charges $20/pp for a couple of hours. I want to go to Nelson's Dockyard, somewhere to eat the Black Pineapple and then to Valley Church Beach. If anyone is interested or would like to add sites to this tour, please get back to me.

I am just curious if you used Brent's taxi service and what your experience was. What sites did he take you to? We are looking at a cruise shortly and am trying to line up tours in ports. We have never been to Antigua so we want to make sure we see the sites. Thank you! Connie

Thank you both for all the information and I will have a drink to you both when we go next week. :)

Debs

Hi Debs! I am curious if you ended up using Brent and if so what your experience was. Where did he take you? We have never been to Antigua before and we are interested in seeing the sites. I would appreciate any information. Thank You! Connie