Rental car from Port Canaveral twice as much than airport

kjml2004

We booked the rental car from the airport to Port Canaveral for a great price. Picking up at Port Canaveral after the cruise and returning to the airport though is a whole other story! Literally twice the price. Any suggestions? TIA!

We booked the rental car from the airport to Port Canaveral for a great price. Picking up at Port Canaveral after the cruise and returning to the airport though is a whole other story! Literally twice the price. Any suggestions? TIA!

Sounds about right, headed to airport in morning, $56 plus tax. Drive back on Friday is $28 plus tax. There is a rate of $18 plus tax, but I need to have car at Budget by 6PM, and plane lands at 4:30. To tight of a window

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The prices can change a lot every few days ...... Last year in dec when we were renting from alamo, our rental from Port Canaveral to MCO was priced lower than the rental from MCO to PC. In both cases it was a small car.

Keep on looking and reserve if the price is right for you ...... you can change it later if something better shows up.

Mouse.....savers.....dot....com

All types of rental codes for all companies.....try them all, even if they give a certain percentage off, it may not really be that amount. I had one that said 15% and when applied, it took $70 off of a $130 rental. Keep trying, they change daily.:p

Be careful when renting...especially from Budget...Picked up car at budget and returned it to Melbourne Airport. No one there in return area and dropped off paperwork at rental counter. They said your good to go...well a month goes by and I get a letter in the mail claiming the car had damage to it when it was returned.

This vehicle had minor paint dis-coloration on a small part of hood when we rented it but was not noted on paperwork when we picked up car.

Now in the hands of my insurance company...

Just beware and do a full walk around/

Bill

Edited by Flob1954
missed a word in reply

Be careful when renting...especially from Budget...Picked up car at budget and returned it to Melbourne Airport. No one there in return area and dropped off paperwork at rental counter. They said your good to go...well a month goes by and I get a letter in the mail claiming the car had damage to it when it was returned.

This vehicle had minor paint dis-coloration on a small part of hood when we rented it but was not noted on paperwork when we picked up car.

Now in the hands of my insurance company...

Just beware and do a full walk around/

Bill

Your job to note any possible issues when you pick up the car......trust no rental car company.:(

Edited by dbcruzin
spelling

I am flying down to Orlando to spend a few days with family prior to embarking on a cruise. We are picking up the car in Orlando and dropping it back off to Orlando Airport on the day of embarkation. We would like to use some type of shuttle between MCO and Port Canaveral. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am flying down to Orlando to spend a few days with family prior to embarking on a cruise. We are picking up the car in Orlando and dropping it back off to Orlando Airport on the day of embarkation. We would like to use some type of shuttle between MCO and Port Canaveral. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you will have the rental car to use in Orlando, why not to return it in PC and get a free shuttle ride to the port ?

Most rentals do not charge a drop off fee for that .....I had alamo from MCO and there was no extra charge for return in PC.

• 3 months later...
If you will have the rental car to use in Orlando, why not to return it in PC and get a free shuttle ride to the port ?

Most rentals do not charge a drop off fee for that .....I had alamo from MCO and there was no extra charge for return in PC.

Sorry that I'm replying to an older post, but we are doing the same thing. We were able to rent a car from Alamo from MCO to PC for $32.00 and then another rental from Budget from PC and return to Orlando for 6 days for $257.00. Are the rental car lots easy to find? I thought I had read that with Alamo, you actually go to the Enterprise lot and use their shuttle. Thanks for any info you can offer!

Sorry that I'm replying to an older post, but we are doing the same thing. We were able to rent a car from Alamo from MCO to PC for $32.00 and then another rental from Budget from PC and return to Orlando for 6 days for $257.00. Are the rental car lots easy to find? I thought I had read that with Alamo, you actually go to the Enterprise lot and use their shuttle. Thanks for any info you can offer!

They are all both on A1A, between 2 and 3 miles from port. Easy to find. At one time they talked about putting a rental counter in the new T1 terminal

They are all both on A1A, between 2 and 3 miles from port. Easy to find. At one time they talked about putting a rental counter in the new T1 terminal

Awesome thanks! Been a while since I've been to PC (or FL for that matter).

Yes, Alamo and Enterprise share facilities and your shuttle from the port will be the same. I just rented a midsize car from them on January 23rd; one way with return in Boca Raton. That's about 165 miles. Cost me $72 total and I thought it was a bargain.

Yes, Alamo and Enterprise share facilities and your shuttle from the port will be the same. I just rented a midsize car from them on January 23rd; one way with return in Boca Raton. That's about 165 miles. Cost me $72 total and I thought it was a bargain.

Thank you! That's what I had heard as well - glad you are able to confirm that! Should make my life a bit easier knowing that for sure.

Hi A2Mich,

I just looked at the CC posts, and it seems you already have your answer.

The whole rental process , getting the car in MCO, driving to PC, returning the car to rental office in Cocoa Beach , the shuttle to and from port - no problems and it was easy.

The shuttle from Alamo/National/Enterprise (one office) did not start running to the port ( with new cruisers) untill 10:30 am ( maybe that changed).

Make sure to pay your toll ( 2 places) and keep your receipts ( just in case). The stations are well marked but they can be missed.

Edited by wieslaw