Johhnie Cochran's Man, A Disabled Van, DAY-O!

woodofpine

If you need a great driver - with a great voice - with a wheelchair accessible van and a positive disposition toward the disabled (like his parents) and also an eye to keeping you COOL and in control with the locals, check out Lincoln a/k/a Luciano with Maxi Tours. DAY - O, DAY - A - A - O!

Ocho Rios

Here is his contact info:

Mr. Lincoln Campbell - Luciano

E-mail: maxitours@yahoo.com

Tele: (876) 779-9211

Fax: (876) 974-8912

I've had good reports about the accessibility of his vans. He has three vans with wheelchair accessibility 2 ten seaters which can carry 1 wheelchair user and 6 other passengers and a 7 seater which can carry 1 wheelchair user and 3 additional passengers. The 2 ten seaters have ramps and the 7 seater has lift-equipment. He offers 3 different types of tours: Ocho Rios Hi-Lite Tour, Rafting Tour and the Bob Marley Tour.

The city highlights is good and the rafting is on a bamboo raft and probably best-suited for slow walkers. I have had some complaints (and Kudos) about the Bob Marley tour because pot smoking is (can be) involved. It's part of the "culture", so if you are not comfortable with this, tell Luciano up front.

Also it's best to request Luciano be your driver/guide. I've heard nothing but good about him (and he has been very professional in all my contact with him); however I've had complaints about some of his drivers being "unprofessional" (which in most cases means smoking pot and not being familiar enough with the vans, roads or attractions).

Candy

Archived