Verizon Rewards

Jupie Jup

ecards can NOT be used to pay for cruise if you didn't book directly with Carnival. We use vacations to go and couldn't use them.

There is another thread on Cruise Critic that speaks in detail about this Verizon program and many folks on that thread paid for their cruise with the ecards even though they booked through a TA.

Here is the link it is 20 pages long...so lots of info. Not sure why Vacations To Go told you they could not be used.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081176&highlight=verizon

Edited by belkin
added link

Awesome program...I have never seen anything about this through Verizon. Just signed up and have almost 50,000 points waiting for me! We have already paid for our cruise coming up in two weeks but I think I will buy one to apply to our sail and sign! Thanks for all the info everybody!!

I have a zero balance on my cruise right now. What if I buy $300 worth of gift cards to use to pay for excursions that only cost $260. What happens to the remaining $40? Does it stay on the card and then I can use when I get on board?

TIA for your knowledge!

I have a zero balance on my cruise right now. What if I buy $300 worth of gift cards to use to pay for excursions that only cost $260. What happens to the remaining $40? Does it stay on the card and then I can use when I get on board?

TIA for your knowledge!

The $40 stays on the card. You take it to Guest Services and/ or a kiosk to apply it to your Sign & Sail Account.

There is another thread on Cruise Critic that speaks in detail about this Verizon program and many folks on that thread paid for their cruise with the ecards even though they booked through a TA.

Here is the link it is 20 pages long...so lots of info. Not sure why Vacations To Go told you they could not be used.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081176&highlight=verizon

I have read that thread but like kimmimom, I could not use my eGift cards with a travel website (Expedia).........this was after I called and was told YES; when I called to actually pay they said NO.