Flight out of MIA @11:30am doable?

el820

The Reflection will be docking at the POM at 7am on Sat, Dec 06. We will be travelling with two kids, 9 and 6. Will a 11:30am flight out of MIA be too tight?

We were on the EPIC two years ago. I can't remember how long it took us to disembark, go through customs, and get to the airport. How has US customs been of late?

Thanks

Customs has been a nightmare with staffing 50/50. Your time is doable if nothing skips a beat.

Sat is a turn day with lots coming in and lots going home. You need to have the kids up and ready to rumble as soon as the ship is cleared.

Edited by wallie5446

Either plan to self disembark (carting your own luggage off the ship), or go to Guest Relations early in the cruise and clearly request an early departure time. In my experience, everything goes slower as the morning goes on and the lines increase (customs, airport security, claiming your bags, etc.) I think your flight is doable but not guaranteed, so it's up to you if you want to take the risk. Hard to rebook on a weekend if you do miss that flight.

I have a 12:15 out of MIA and I'm not worried in the least.

Self-disembark.

Our kids are 7 and 8. For the last several cruises, they have each pulled their own suitcase (on wheels) plus they wear their carry-on back pack.

As long as you self disembark, you won't have any problems. If you wait to "find" your luggage in the terminal, plan on delays.

I haven't flown out of MIA in years. But we've made 10AM flights out of MCO without problem (including driving in from PC and getting/returning a rental car). We've been close at FLL with an early flight, but as long as your in the security line, you'll get called and make your flight. FLL is harder with the "big" ships sailing on Sat/Sun and therefore more people at the terminal.

If you run late and you approach a "zoo" at the airport, don't hesitate to use the skycap to get you checked in faster and off to the security line.

In a few weeks, I can let you know what time we make it to MIA.