honest review of summit reposition cruise

seaman11

DOP, did you make prior arrangements before sailing in order to get to the ship?

Why was the fact that you needed 3 trains, a bus & a cab a surprise? How did you expect to get to the ship?

i never said it was a surprise just a pain in the butt and left me a little grouchy i guess. which may have effected some of my tolerance with issues.

I see some others have gotten a little defensive, i was not trashing the line at all, in fact i thought the ship itself was wonderful and also most of the passengers and the crowd delightful. there was plenty of positives i said i liked over Royal and i also said i would try celebrity again to see if it was the staff or perhaps my mood from the start.

Thanks for letting us know about the cabin. We were in cabin down in that area on 1 of our sailings a few years ago and it was the worst for noise. Unfortunately they said they were sailing full and nothing could be done. My DH never complains about noise and even he was not happy.

I do know they don't like moving people unless they really have to.

Curious, if the ship was sold out as is often the case, what would you have expected? It was pure luck this was a repo with open cabins that there was anywhere to relocate you to.

even when "sold out" there is always a few rooms vacant, in case of a toilet being down or a leak ect ect. I ran a hilton we would block an x amout of rooms for such a scenario.

Thanks for letting us know about the cabin. We were in cabin down in that area on 1 of our sailings a few years ago and it was the worst for noise. Unfortunately they said they were sailing full and nothing could be done. My DH never complains about noise and even he was not happy.

I do know they don't like moving people unless they really have to.

thank you for understanding, until you experience it these others will not truly understand. i am not sure why they have to put the bass up so loud it shakes the ship and pounds the walls for this type of crowd especially.

Ummmm, if you were threatened to get removed from the ship, than you were doing MUCH MORE than just complaining, you were being downright rude and must have been yelling at swearing. People are not threatened with removal from a ship for complaining rationally, just sayin....

i was never threatened to be removed, they only hinted at the code of conduct, and yes i was loud , i said that, but no swearing. not sure whypeople read more than what an op writes.

Sorry this cruise did not meet up to your expectations. DH and I were on the repositioning portion of this cruise and adored every moment. We did absolutely nothing except eat, drink, and sleep. perfect vacation from my standpoint. All staff were friendly and greeted us with smiles and niceties. We met some incredible fellow cruisers that I hope we will meet again on future sailings.

i never said it was a surprise just a pain in the butt and left me a little grouchy i guess. which may have effected some of my tolerance with issues.

I see some others have gotten a little defensive, i was not trashing the line at all, in fact i thought the ship itself was wonderful and also most of the passengers and the crowd delightful. there was plenty of positives i said i liked over Royal and i also said i would try celebrity again to see if it was the staff or perhaps my mood from the start.

Maybe the staff reads CC and figured out who you were.:rolleyes:
here is a tip remove them the day before the last night , they do get a printout of who has auto grat. this ensures great service till the end.

We were on this cruise. It was our third time in the Summit, but first in the MDR (we usually cruise AQ). Although I find the food in Blu to be "lighter", we thought the food in the MDR was very good. By far it was the best cruise we have taken (in 15 cruises). Was everything perfect? No. There were two glitches, but overall everyone was super friendly and accommodating. The ship had a nice vibe and if you wanted nightly entertainment Revelations always had something going on.