what I packed

pootners

Have to let you know i am so grateful for all the suggestions I've read on the boards, but of course some i didn't listen to. Just back from our first cruise and we had such a great time. Of course I packed way too many clothes but whats funny about it is the hubby packed way more than i did. The over the door shoe rack thingy I never used or the bungee cord. The duct tape came in handy for making a mustache and a chefs hat for the family scavenger hunt. The msgs about formal wear from Dillards are right on the money. I bought my daughter a homecoming dress there a few years ago for $18 can't beat that. Got myself 2 gowns for formal nights for $68 what a deal.

Recently got back from my first cruise too, and of course, we overpacked too! BUt mostly the daytime stuff - with so many water excursions I found I needed VERY CASUAL day clothes and not so many linen shorts, etc! I was right on the money for dinner though! Hubby, though, overpacked mostly because it happened that the khaki's he wore early in the week continued to fit the best, so he just kept waring them! lol! Daytime he wore mostly his bathing trunks with a tee shirt and needed very few shorts.

Live and learn - look forward to my next cruise so I can pack perfectly - before I forget!

Here is a link to some pics!

ttp://hometown.aol.com/wspatton/Cruising03.html

<FONT SIZE="4"><FONT COLOR="#000000">Bill & Mary</FONT></FONT>

<FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">Golden Princess: May 9, 2004</FONT></FONT>

<FONT SIZE="3"><span style="border:blue double 5px;"><span style="background-color:#000066;"><FONT COLOR="#33CCFF">~~~ Bummed Out!!! It's Over icon_frown.gif ~~~</span></span></FONT></FONT></p>

I always overpack, and rightfully so...I never want to be in a situation where i have nothing to wear on a cruise.

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

kbt2: I agree with you, I always overpack. I know I could do with many less clothes and shoes, but I don't want to spend even a minute wishing ..."If only I'd packed ..." I've got it, so it's coming with me. I don't skimp on my DH's clothes, either - he wants to be dressed comfortably and properly at all times, as well. We just pack an extra suitcase, and it works for us.

Smooth Sailing! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Till Our Panama Canal Experience

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;02;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0330

Also recently back from 1st cruise.(LOVED IT!)And also overpacked for daytime for me & Hubby.(Packed so much, had to pay for 2 heavy suitcases at the airport!) Wore all our evening clothes but during the day, lived in swim suits with shorts for excursions & around the ship. Wore almost none of the daytime wear we packed. Now that I know what to pack, will travel much lighter for next cruise.

Archived