Laundry on Holland America

Rafaella

There are no self service laundry rooms on either the Nieuw Amsterdam or the Eurodam.

You have the choice of sending out laundry

"By the Bag" -- $20 for as much as you can stuff into a bag. You can send out as many bags as you want.

Or you can do the "Unlimited Laundry" where you can send out as much as you want for a certain price. You can call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 to get a price for your cruises.

All clothes come back washed and either on hangers or folded -- you select your choice.

Dry cleaning is by piece -- no deals.

I am going 2 cruises back to back on Eurodam and N. Amsterdam in November, and would like to know what kind of laundry services I can use? Do I pay with coins, bills or a ship card? Please, advice. Thanks.

Do the unlimited package - it is absolutely worth the additional expense - no time spent in laundry room, etc. And IMHO, they do a great job.

Your spending so much already, this is a worthwhile additional expense.

:)

My experience with Unlimited Laundry on HAL is wonderful! I believe it was $49 for our 7 day cruise last November. Simply fill out the form, stuff your items in the bag and mine always came back looking wonderful. Others might chime in a say otherwise, but I have used this service on 5 HAL cruises and have never had a single problem.

I would place our bag on the bed before we went to dinner and typically the clothes were back the next morning or afternoon. The do not guarantee this quick of a turnaround, but this has almost always been my experience.

Just to tell you how good the service is, my DH sends out his tux shirts and Hal does a better job then our own dry cleaners. I feel that the unlimited laundry is well worth the cost. Heck, you can go home with all clean cloths, how often does that happen?