Fist time upsell call.

aricczona

Just got the call I have always wanted to get. My upcoming Valor trip is 10 days away. I am currently booked in an L-shaped cabin with an extra long balcony. I was offered the Grand Suite for $700 more, AND allowed to keep my $450 OBC from early saver price drops. With only 1 sea day I just could not justify doing it. Now, I am doubting myself.But $700 could buy a lot of fun on my sail and sign!

Yes, I figured most days are going to be on shore with excursions. After dinner and shows I am really only going to be sleeping and showering there. Although I do not have an aft wrap my cabin is the last one on the side before the wrap.I am happy with my decision, and I will just look at this as $700 saved.

They most likely can sell your cabin but feel at this point the suite may not sell. (Nothing wrong with that, good business decision) I totally agree with you, with one sea day probably not worth $700. Could be though for a different cruise.

I just posted this to our roll call. I was amazed at how many people said they would have jumped on it! I have already booked $700 on excursions. I just do not see the Value on only 1 sea day. They wanted to know if I got the contact number for the customer service rep I spoke to. They say it comes with VIP boarding, but I already have FTTF. Right now the GS is going for $3200 on the site. My cabin is only $1040 after all my price reductions. Yes I see it is a $2100 upsell for "only" $700. It just does't work for me.

Yes, I figured most days are going to be on shore with excursions. After dinner and shows I am really only going to be sleeping and showering there. Although I do not have an aft wrap my cabin is the last one on the side before the wrap.I am happy with my decision, and I will just look at this as $700 saved.

I had an extended balcony on the Breeze, and it was wonderful :) Enjoy your cruise - Valor was our first ship, and we had a great time.

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

We just got off the Carnival Conquest and had one of the L-shaped (long balcony) cabins. We loved it! It will be hard to go back to a regular balcony :(. It's so roomy out there and you can see so much more while just sitting (dividers really do cut off the view on the regular balcony rooms). We also enjoyed the different cabin layout with the bathroom being separated from the closet area. Hope you have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your room as much as we did! I think you made the right choice :D

Just got the call I have always wanted to get. My upcoming Valor trip is 10 days away. I am currently booked in an L-shaped cabin with an extra long balcony. I was offered the Grand Suite for $700 more, AND allowed to keep my $450 OBC from early saver price drops. With only 1 sea day I just could not justify doing it. Now, I am doubting myself.But $700 could buy a lot of fun on my sail and sign!

We got the very same offer last Jan. on our Liberty cruise & we also turned it down. But if we get the offer again on our next cruise we will probably take it.

You will love the L shaped room... Best cabin we have ever had... Love em so much, we try to get one every cruise... Saw the Grand suite on a cabin crawl and it was nice, but for 2 people, just not something I would pay the extra money for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums