Toddler and a tub ??

shellseroni

This is the first time we're bringing our little one with us on a cruise. She is three years old. Our room will not have a tub and someone mentioned bringing an inflatable one with us. Just curious if anyone out there has tried this and if they have any brands they would suggest. Don't think it will make any difference, but we'll be in an OV room (with french doors) on the Miracle (Spirit class). TIA!!

Also posting this to family board, but the population here is much bigger and I'd really like some advice.

We sailed with our son when he was 10 months and brought a small blow up tub. Next year we are going again when he will be 3 and our daughter 1.5. I was planning on just having them sit on the shower floor and use the shower head with the hose to bathe them.

Did showers with the 21 month old Granddaughter. One nice feature with Carnival is the hand held shower head. You can avoid hair and face if needed. Our little Diva started showers early as her Mom and Dad travel often. There was no way her germ phobic mom would ever put her in a tub out of her own home.

My 3 year old just recently started enjoying showers...thank goodness! Try it while at home...showers may not be a problem at all and will get them in and out much quicker too:)

I don't know why I didn't think of trying it out at home. LOL. I guess I've just been a bit frazzled from everything else I have to plan. MY little one is sometimes scared of the running water in the bathtub, but maybe if she takes a couple of showers with me, she'll be okay. I have a month to get it figured out, so if it still doesn't work out, then I can look into getting a tub. (I hope it works, though. It would be one less thing to pack.)

We brought a blow up tub once when my daughter was 16 months and honestly didn't even use it. I just have them stand in the shower and the shower head part comes off so it makes it easy to shower them. If that makes sense. I thought the blow up tub would be a good idea but in actuality it was kind of awkward once in the shower. Live and learn!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did showers with the 21 month old Granddaughter. One nice feature with Carnival is the hand held shower head. You can avoid hair and face if needed. Our little Diva started showers early as her Mom and Dad travel often. There was no way her germ phobic mom would ever put her in a tub out of her own home.

I never realized they had the hand held shower head. That will make life WAY easier when trying to bathe a cranky toddler. :)

I would tell you to bring some cups with lids. I usually bring a couple of the take and toss brand with lids and straws and wash them out in my cabin sink. One thing they don't have is kids cups especially in the dining room! Just a tip :)

I thought the blow up tub would be a good idea but in actuality it was kind of awkward once in the shower. Live and learn!

That's the exact reason I'm asking here. THANKS! I didn't know if there was a tub out there that would fit the shower stall well or not. And now that I know the shower head is actually a hand-held, I don't see much reason at all to bring a tub. My daughter may surprise me and actually think it's a fun game using the shower. :D

Oh yes the hand held shower head makes it easy and quicker than filling up the tub anyway :) my girls love showers on the cruise it's something fun and different since they do baths at home! Have fun cruising with kids is great!!

I would tell you to bring some cups with lids. I usually bring a couple of the take and toss brand with lids and straws and wash them out in my cabin sink. One thing they don't have is kids cups especially in the dining room! Just a tip :)

Thanks! I didn't know they don't have toddler cups on the ship. My daughter drinks out of an open cup now, but still has some accidents. May be nice to have those for dinner in the MDR (especially on formal nights since I don't want her to stain her dresses).

I would say either bring a tub or work on the shower at home before the cruise.

We took DS on a cruise when he was 2. Just assumed he would shower with me. It completely freaked him out. And he is a very adaptable kid, it was just something new. Honestly we are bathtub people and he has just now started taking showers at 8 and still loves a bath.

The handheld thing does make it much easier and in the end it was no big deal at all.

Oh yes the hand held shower head makes it easy and quicker than filling up the tub anyway :) my girls love showers on the cruise it's something fun and different since they do baths at home! Have fun cruising with kids is great!!

Thanks! We're looking forward to it since it will be her first real vacation. And the fact that "Gammy" and "Papa" are coming, too, will just make her day. :D

At 10 months we brought a small inflatable pool but didn't really use it. Blowing it up, deflating it, etc. Too much work. So, at that age I just used the sink or whatever to give him the best sponge bath possible. Next time he was 2 1/2 and he just took showers even though he had never done so at home, he thought it was fun and he was "like daddy".

Thanks! We're looking forward to it since it will be her first real vacation. And the fact that "Gammy" and "Papa" are coming, too, will just make her day. :D

Yes we also always bring grandparents along! Win for everybody :)

41cad050fa4fec6a06746cddf4bcc1b4.jpg

We brought a blow up tub and it fit perfectly in the shower, but my son was 10 months old when we used it. It may be small for a 3 year old. It has a suction cup on the back so we sruck it on the shower wall to dry

Edited by coltsmama

We are going with my GS who will be 16 months and thinking of bringing the blow up tub, then my daughter thought, "can we bring a small inflatable pool for the extended balcony?" he won't be potty trained so he can not go in any of the pools.:p

But has she thought about getting water to and from the pool?