Flying into San Juan day of cruise

ddbaab53

We will be on the Carnival Triumph Feb 20 and will be flying in the day of the cruise and have a few questions.

1) What time will we be able to board.

2) Once we check end can we get off the ship them back on. Want to get some water and soda for the 10 day cruise. Ship doesn't leave until 10 pm

3) Are there placed around port to be able to pick these item up.

4) Is the best transportation from the Airport to the ship the shuttle from the cruise line.

1. I have only sailed with Royal Caribbean and Princess from San Juan. We always board at around 11:30. The advertised boarding time is always around 3. We get lunch and drop our things off when cabins open up at 1.

2. You should have no problem getting on then getting off again. Even though your ship leaves at 10, you will need to be on board by about 7-8 for your muster drill. There will be an all-aboard time posted where you debark. It will always be at least 1 1/2 hours before sail away.

3.The Carnival ships dock at the old San Juan pier. There is a CVS walking distance from the pier.

4. Forget the shuttle. Take a taxi. It is much faster and cheaper. It is regulated and easy to catch a taxi from the airport. I only took the shuttle the first time that I cruised from SJ. I would never use it again. It is a waste of time and money.

Edited by khm1

1. I have only sailed with Royal Caribbean and Princess from San Juan. We always board at around 11:30. The advertised boarding time is always around 3. We get lunch and drop our things off when cabins open up at 1.

2. You should have no problem getting on then getting off again. Even though your ship leaves at 10, you will need to be on board by about 7-8 for your muster drill. There will be an all-aboard time posted where you debark. It will always be at least 1 1/2 hours before sail away.

3.The Carnival ships dock at the old San Juan pier. There is a CVS walking distance from the pier.

4. Forget the shuttle. Take a taxi. It is much faster and cheaper. It is regulated and easy to catch a taxi from the airport. I only took the shuttle the first time that I cruised from SJ. I would never use it again. It is a waste of time and money.

About what would the cost of a taxi be?

Last time we took a taxi from the airport to osj it was around $30 with the luggage. Much quicker.

We've gone out twice with Carnival out of San Juan. As mentioned above theres a cvs about a block away. There's also a liquor store right inside the pier just before you go through security.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely take a taxi... not the Carnival shuttle. Taxi would cost $19 plus a $2 fuel charge plus $1 per bag (does not include carried bags) and that includes up to 5 people extra person charge of $2 (max of 7 people) Plus tip. So assuming there is 2 of you??? with 3 pieces of luggage = $24 plus any tip. Also as others have said... yes you can get off the ship once you have checked in...You will sail at 10 pm and will need to be on board by I think 8:30. The muster drill is at 9:00 pm. The CVS across the street and to the west a block or so has almost anything you will need. Definitely do go explore San Juan after you get on board get some lunch then get back off. We have been able to get on around 11:00 before. Have a great cruise. :D

Best part of taxis is that they are strictly regulated and fares are calculated by zone. The dispatcher at the airport will give you a slip telling you how much the cab will cost you. Sit back and enjoy the ride while not having to keep an eye on the route or the meter.