Horizon's Fantasea Night Snorkel

morrisfam

:confused: It's one week before we sail and we'd like to hear about the Fantasea Night Snorkel excursion offered by Celebrity. It's sounds fun but is it worth missing much of the Wednesday night activities when the street vendors are out?

We did this last week. The street party looked fun as we walked through it going to the boat for the snorkel trip. We ate early that night (had late seating) so didnt' even get to get out for the street party. It was just lots of vendors, music and food. Don't know if we truly missed anything or not. The music sounded good. But the snorkel trip was fun. Tried it to decide if I want to do a night scuba dive or not. We saw lobsters walking around and hogfish -- things you don't usually see on regular snorkel & diving. We were just in the harbor, not out in the ocean.

You won't miss anything at the street party. We went, and there were a lot of people doing spray-on tattoos and some crafts, but not anything you couldn't miss, or anything you couldn't get in the shops during the day. It was very crowded, and someone actually approached my husband and tried to pull him behind the bandstand. It took some effort, but when he got away, the man cursed at him. The next morning, we read that a tourist was robbed of $300 and had to get stitches. This happened at 3am, so I don't know if it was the same guy, but it was a little unnerving. I would definitely do the snorkel trip.

Have a wonderful time - we did!

Archived