Need some advice please

mistralwind

Hello all!

We need some advice please.

We are going on a family reunion cruise on dicember on the Star princess, for 10 days to the caribean :) we have read some opinions about how bad the food has gotten on this ship. Food is very important for some of us cruising, and we really don't want to go on a cruise with lousy or horrific food. Has anybody sail lately on the Star that can tell us about the food, and about the highlights of the ship? thank you all so much.:)

We sailed on the Star in April of this year and had no problem with the food at all. Both the restaurant and buffet were great, im not a junk food lover buy my other half loved the pizza's and burgers by the pool.

I wouldnt worry if I were you.

Its definately worth paying the extra to eat in the steakhouse one night I can highly recommend it.

We have sailed twice on the Star (and have another Star cruise coming up in September) and the food has been very good. I have never had a bad meal in any of the dining rooms.....(and if you did get something that you didn't care for you can always ask the waiter to bring you something else).

The food at the Horizon Court buffet is a notch or two below the quality of food that you get in the dining rooms.....but it's a buffet....the food sometimes sets under the warming lights for too long. But, even so, you should always be able to find something you enjoy.

On our last Star Princess cruise (January 2005) we tried Sterling's Steakhouse for the first time and it was outstanding. Sterling's is one of the 'alternate' dining areas and there is a fee for using it, but it was a very nice experience.

Enjoy your cruise. The worst thing about the food on the Star is realizing how much weight you'll have to loose when you get home.

mistrialwind,

sometimes you have to take opinions (good and bad) with a grain of salt. If you have time, you can click on someone's screen name and check out their other posts. If the posts seem to be very negative.... Believe me, many of us here have done that from time to time.

I'm a very picky eater in that I have a limited number of items I'll eat (I can't eat spicy food, for instance) but I usually don't have problems finding something to eat from the menu. You can check out the menus for that day ahead of time outside the dining rooms. You can always double up on a course and pass another (two appetizers if you want to skip the entree) and if you don't like something, just tell your waiter and she or he will bring you something else.

Princess food has always been good on our trips. There tends to be more seafood dishes than on Celebrity. I especially like to steal the crab or lobster claws from the top of the salad in the buffet.

Steak and prime rib in Sterling has been of fairly high quality.

Archived