Sonnnnsofa>>>>>>>>>>

hollyc23

:mad: I recently purchase my airfair with SWA at 282.00 pp (after searching every venue for 6 weeks prior). The rates kept increasing and considering that I was traveling during thanksgiving break, I thought I should go ahead and get them while they were still available as well as everyone in our party.

It bit me in the arse.

I checked expedia today and now they have a special for 126.00 per person. Talk about making me sick:( I wish I hadn't even looked.

I don't guess anyone has had sucess at getting a refund through SWA on internet tickets?

:mad: I recently purchase my airfair with SWA at 282.00 pp (after searching every venue for 6 weeks prior). The rates kept increasing and considering that I was traveling during thanksgiving break, I thought I should go ahead and get them while they were still available as well as everyone in our party.

It bit me in the arse.

I checked expedia today and now they have a special for 126.00 per person. Talk about making me sick:( I wish I hadn't even looked.

I don't guess anyone has had sucess at getting a refund through SWA on internet tickets?

The fare on SWA dropped? If so they will gladly adjust the fare for you. Just give them a call. If its another airline rate of $126 not much you can do.

You know you did the best you could. You saw the fares increasing, you were flying during a peak time, so you locked in on what was a good fare (at the time). If you waited and the fares just kept going up you'd still be kicking yourself right now. There just isn't a sure way to know if the fares are going to keep going up, or if something cheaper might come along.

I booked flights for next year at prices about $150 lower pp than we got 2 or 3 months out this past June. I have seen that they are increasing in price, but there is still a chance they might go down between now and then...... that is the risk I took, and if they keep going up I'll be happy, if they drop I'll be the same boat as you. It's still better than the old days when everyone paid full price for their tickets!

John

I am flying Northwest to my cruise next Sunday. The mechanics are on strike. Even tho the airline is still flying, I am biting my fingernails to the nub worrying.

So, be happy you have a reliable non-striking airline! (It's not much, I know).

It bit me in the arse.

Keep checking that Southwest fare, It is sure to drop before your cruise. SWA is great about adjusting fares when there is a price drop.

Good Luck

Go to the SWA website, then click on Travel Center. There is a line for Cancel Reservation. I believe they will hold the funds for use within 1 year. Another poster has said that she has received refunds from them. At least call their 800 number to see what your options are.

I don't guess anyone has had sucess [sic] at getting a refund through SWA on internet tickets?

If you bought a "refundable" ticket from SWA, you can get your total fare reimbursed whether you bought it on the Internet or not. If you bought a "nonrefundable" ticket from SWA, you can redeem it for a credit or write to them and ask for a refund -- no guarantees that it will be accepted. You can then go ahead and purchase the Delta ticket or take your chances and wait for a Ding! special. I believe you will find that in making changes to a purchased ticket, Southwest has a more liberal policy than most any other airline.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone...got some good news last week. Checked my ding rates on SWA and Nashville to Ft. Laud was 33.00 pp each way (before taxes and fees). Cancelled my booking and re-booked the four of us traveling. Initial rate was 1139.20 at 284.80 pp, new rate for four is 383.20 at 95.80 per person. Wish I would have waited for that rate since they just give you credit to fly in the next year...but I am happy with the 756.00 it will give me a good excuse to take another vacation before August! Thanks to all again.

BTW...tried for the refund...no go but I am happy anyway.:D

Archived