Dining on Disney Fantasy

Travelw

They should be able to accommodate you. I'd contact DCL (or your travel agent) to make sure all of your reservations are linked. This will get them to assign your staterooms nearby each other when possible, have you sit near each other at dinner, allow booking of shore excursions together, etc. In addition, have them put a dining request in your booking that you would like a single table/connected tables. Then, as soon as you board, one of you can head into Royal Court (dining venue on the same deck you'll board on, just to the left when you walk on) and follow up on this request, as well as any other dining requests (adult dining, special dietary requirements/restrictions, etc).

The tables that I've seen that seat 10 are not round, but oval. Sorry didn't say that in my first post. Call DCL and state your PREFERENCE. Note that this is only a request and cannot be guaranteed, blah, blah, blah. They will definitely seat you all together at one table though.

As above, after boarding go to the location for "Dining Changes" listed on the Welcome Aboard Navigator. This is normally Royal Court restaurant. Here you can confirm that you got your request or see if it can be arranged at that time.

Large round tables waste too much space in the middle of the table--you can't reach the middle, you have to shout across to the other side. Dining rooms are too small for wasted space. SO, oval only as far as I've ever notices....or rectangular.

The tables that I've seen that seat 10 are not round' date=' but oval. Sorry didn't say that in my first post. Call DCL and state your PREFERENCE. Note that this is only a request and cannot be guaranteed, blah, blah, blah. They will definitely seat you all together at one table though.

As above, after boarding go to the location for "Dining Changes" listed on the Welcome Aboard Navigator. This is normally Royal Court restaurant. Here you can confirm that you got your request or see if it can be arranged at that time.

Large round tables waste too much space in the middle of the table--you can't reach the middle, you have to shout across to the other side. Dining rooms are too small for wasted space. SO, oval only as far as I've ever notices....or rectangular.[/quote']

As above by Moki'smommy, space on a ship is at a premium, so a 10' wide round table to seat 10/12, with only the outer 2' being used and 6' not being, isn't an efficient use of the space available in the MDR's (unless it is a special specific table) and hence why you mostly only see 5' round tables.

Oval or long tables are preferred and make a much better use of space.

ex techie

we sailed on the Magic in September and there were alot of large family groups.One group was of 42 people.As ex techie stated,they are put in large groups at oval tables.A few nights our table was close by,and everyone at those tables were able to converse easily,and have enough room next to each other.