Pre-Cruise Hotel

2ndcruiser-destiny

When too flew into FLL and sailed out of Miami. We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites FLL Airport. They had a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We just called them when we had our luggage and they were there within 5 - 10 minutes. The hotel was super clean and offered rooms that included a small fridge , microwave and coffee maker. The pool was nice and offered pool towels, which as a nice touch from having to use the one's from our room. The room rate also included a decent hot breakfast . The hotel is adjacent to a 24 hour Walgreens and across the street from a shopping center that had a few restaurants: Italian, Chinese and Pancho's Mexican in which they will give you a 10% discount off of your bill if your show your hotel room key. We sailed near Easter and needed 2 Suites for our family so this hotel fit our budget and was clean and had good Mgt. I would stay there again..... absolutely no issues or problems.

We hired QLS Shuttle Service for our trip to the port of Miami and then a pick-up after the cruise for a ride back to FLL Airport. I would use them again in a heartbeat. They were professional, kept in cell-phone contact prior to our pick-ups and also offered a pick-up time of 9am at our hotel which meant us getting to the port and being among the first to enter when they opened the doors at 10am. The driver also offered to make a quick stop at a store for anyone that needed to pick-up any last minute items. The Sleep Inn & Suites seems to be popular with the those flying into FLL and sailing from Miami as there were several from the hotel that filled our shuttle bus so not need to do the rounds from any other hotels.

When too flew into FLL and sailed out of Miami. We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites FLL Airport. They had a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We just called them when we had our luggage and they were there within 5 - 10 minutes. The hotel was super clean and offered rooms that included a small fridge , microwave and coffee maker. The pool was nice and offered pool towels, which as a nice touch from having to use the one's from our room. The room rate also included a decent hot breakfast . The hotel is adjacent to a 24 hour Walgreens and across the street from a shopping center that had a few restaurants: Italian, Chinese and Pancho's Mexican in which they will give you a 10% discount off of your bill if your show your hotel room key. We sailed near Easter and needed 2 Suites for our family so this hotel fit our budget and was clean and had good Mgt. I would stay there again..... absolutely no issues or problems.

We hired QLS Shuttle Service for our trip to the port of Miami and then a pick-up after the cruise for a ride back to FLL Airport. I would use them again in a heartbeat. They were professional, kept in cell-phone contact prior to our pick-ups and also offered a pick-up time of 9am at our hotel which meant us getting to the port and being among the first to enter when they opened the doors at 10am. The driver also offered to make a quick stop at a store for anyone that needed to pick-up any last minute items. The Sleep Inn & Suites seems to be popular with the those flying into FLL and sailing from Miami as there were several from the hotel that filled our shuttle bus so not need to do the rounds from any other hotels.

Thanks for this info. Do you remember how much the shuttle was to the Port?

We are staying there this January, and using QLS Transportation from the hotel to Port of Miami and from Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Airport. The cost from the hotel we are paying is $40 for two people. The cost from the port to airport is $30 for two. This does not include the tip.

Thanks for this info. Do you remember how much the shuttle was to the Port?

The rate depends on how many people are in your party. We had 5 in our party and paid $16 pp from the hotel to the port and I believe $13 pp from the port to FLL Airport.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

It's been awhile since my cruise and I'm looking for some suggestions for an hotel pre-cruise. We are leaving out of Port of Miami and flying into FLL. Ideally I want a hotel that offers a shuttle to the ship or close enough for a cheap taxi.

Any suggestions?

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami many times pre-cruise. But when we were there last October, she was looking a little tired. We've read great things about the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown so we are booked there next week.

We've used SAS Shuttle (ridesas.com) many times to get from FLL to our hotel in Miami. It cost $15 pp per direction.