CRUISE DIRECTOR Brad Calabrese - tell me about him

Elaine515

We loved him but did take a few days to warm up to. When we were in Antigua we met he and his wife in the local pizza shop/watering hole and they sat down with us and chatted and then walked back to the ship with us. Really nice guy and I felt he was visible around the ship when we cruised with him.

We've had Brad as a CD twice....and loved him. Very personable and very easy to approach. If you talk to him early in the cruise, he'll remember you the rest of the time you are on the ship. You are in luck to have him as your CD.

Brad was also our CD on the first leg of our B2B on Freedom in 2013. We liked him very much.

Brad left for vacation for a couple of weeks so we had Hennie (?) for the 2nd leg. Didn't care for him nearly as much as Brad.

• 3 weeks later...
He was promoted to corporate and fills in as CD when needed.

That's interesting to read because he told us that he was leaving Carnival to wait for the birth of his first baby due in March...

But, after having him as a CD, I have to personally say, he wasn't the best... His entertainment staff was definitely more involved around the ship, with the passengers, doing things, talking to us etc than he was.

As a matter of fact, even at the Welcome Show, he came onto the stage and started talking and none of us even knew who he was because he didn't introduce himself :(

Elaine - You probably have more recent news than I do. When we last sailed in June, Brad told us he had been promoted to Director of Entertainment for Carnival which would allow him to be with his family more and he would serve as a fill-in Cruise Director when needed. Since then, he may have changed his mind and decided to leave Carnival altogether. I hope not, we always enjoyed him. Sorry to hear you didn't have a similar experience. Which ship did you sail with him and when?

Elaine - You probably have more recent news than I do. When we last sailed in June, Brad told us he had been promoted to Director of Entertainment for Carnival which would allow him to be with his family more and he would serve as a fill-in Cruise Director when needed. Since then, he may have changed his mind and decided to leave Carnival altogether. I hope not, we always enjoyed him. Sorry to hear you didn't have a similar experience. Which ship did you sail with him and when?

Carnival Victory 11/6 ... he was only suppose to be there for a short time.. not sure he's even on her anymore... He wasn't terrible... just wasn't the best we've had...