Malibu beach?

DevonianCruiser

Years ago I went to the beach by the Malibu factory. There was an entrance fee and we spent the day there. It included a tour around the factory. There was a restaurant on the beach if memory serves me right (it was 1997).

A couple of years ago I did a tour and drove past where I think it was. Looked like it was Cockspur Rum I think. Is it still open as a beach? Is it worth going to? What's the entrance fee?

Thanks.

I believe you're referring to Brighton Beach, just north of Bridgetown. Here's some good info on beaches of Barbados: http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/

Cheers, P:)

Thanks aimodels, I looked at the link and I think it must be the same beach. Thought there was a restaurant on the beach though and changing facilities at the entrance though. Long time ago and loads of caribbean beaches since, so I must have got that wrong :confused::D

The Beach you speak of is actually Brandon's Beach. It use to have the Malibu factory years ago but it no longer exists.

There is now a restaurant there called Weisers...which will have amenities.

The beach has been called many things over the years by visitors...Malibu Beach, Weisers Beach and even Brighton Beach as a previous poster mentioned. (Brighton is the name of the neighborhood adjacent to the beach.)

The Beach you speak of is actually Brandon's Beach. It use to have the Malibu factory years ago but it no longer exists.

There is now a restaurant there called Weisers...which will have amenities.

The beach has been called many things over the years by visitors...Malibu Beach, Weisers Beach and even Brighton Beach as a previous poster mentioned. (Brighton is the name of the neighborhood adjacent to the beach.)

Thank you Keith, that's great. Would you recommend it as a beach? Or the boatyard as an alternative? Have never been to the Gap and wondering whether that's worth a trip to see? We have a full day and at least a half day here so I'd like to make the most of it :)

Thank you Keith, that's great. Would you recommend it as a beach? Or the boatyard as an alternative? Have never been to the Gap and wondering whether that's worth a trip to see? We have a full day and at least a half day here so I'd like to make the most of it :)

Yes. ...I would recommend it as a beach but as I indicated earlier there is not much in the way of amenities. The boatyard is a viable alternative if you are looking for amenities, water toys etc.

The Gap mainly comes alive at night so if you are staying overnight I would recommend it. There is not much happening during the day in terms of activities but you have restaurants and vendors selling craft all day.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes. ...I would recommend it as a beach but as I indicated earlier there is not much in the way of amenities. The boatyard is a viable alternative if you are looking for amenities, water toys etc.

The Gap mainly comes alive at night so if you are staying overnight I would recommend it. There is not much happening during the day in terms of activities but you have restaurants and vendors selling craft all day.

That's great Keith, thank you so much. Can't wait. This no we may well pay the Gap a visit at night as it seems a great place. If any other suggestions spring to mind let me know :D Thanks again.

That's great Keith, thank you so much. Can't wait. This no we may well pay the Gap a visit at night as it seems a great place. If any other suggestions spring to mind let me know :D Thanks again.

You are welcome. The Gap at night is normally very lively. Depending on the night you are in town you may consider Oistins Bay Garden it's not to far from the gap either and is normally the place to be on Fridays and to a lesser extent Saturdays for both locals and visitors alike.

You are welcome. The Gap at night is normally very lively. Depending on the night you are in town you may consider Oistins Bay Garden it's not to far from the gap either and is normally the place to be on Fridays and to a lesser extent Saturdays for both locals and visitors alike.

Thank you Keith, yes it's a Friday night so I'll have a look at it. Really appreciate your help :)

• 2 weeks later...
On Friday nights, many of the vendors who are normally located in The Gap will be set up in Oistins instead.

If you're lucky enough to be in Barbados on a Friday night, I recommend checking out the Oistins Fish Fry.

Cheers, P:)

Thanks. After Keith recommending Oistins we did some research and will definitely be heading there :cool: