Hotel in Seattle....

Bizziecruzer

Hi - we will be arriving in Seattle on the train from Vancouver at 10pm on a Friday night in June - Seattle accm is at about $300 per night for a 2* place and a lot more for higher star ratings. There will be 3 couples travelling. Can someone suggest where we could stay out of Seattle a bit to get some more reasonably price accommodation? We only need it for 1 night. We realise we'll then have to pay extra for cabs / transport to and from the hotel, however we would recoup this by paying less for the hotel. Our plan is to return into Seattle on Saturday morning for a look around and then out to SeaTac for a later afternoon flight out. SeaTac could be an option, but we can't seem to find a way there that won't take hours to get there that time of night. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Depending on when you are going in June you might find a good rate at the Talaris Conference Center in the University district. Its set on beautiful grounds and they also include breakfast. I can't comment on cab cost as we had a car the last time we visited Seattle. VRBO might have a condo for a night, they usually want a longer stay but worth a try also.

Edited by ontariocruiser2010

WE have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite at the Hampton Inn Downtown. It has a living room with a sofa bed and a full kitchenette. You might cheek it out. WE got it at a military rate of $245, but I know it has gone up since we booked.

Near the airport (Sea-Tac) will have lots of options for any budget, and there is at least one shuttle company you can book pier transport with from the area. You might research Uber for transport from the train station.

Edited by mbuenzli

You might want to read the first couple of pages of the West Coast Departures forum for discussions of Seattle and SeaTac hotels.

The Sleep inn has received good recommendations on that forum and is very reasonably priced. There are a number of large chains around Seatac if you have points to use. There are also a few hotels to avoid, so if you find a place, be sure to ask before you commit. Cedarbrook Lodge is a very nice place at Seatac but more expensive ... lovely room and a park like setting.

(Or try the Residence Inn at Lake Union if you want to stay downtown),

To reach the Seatac area from the train station is a 30 minute car ride. You could arrange for limo for 6 people ..... try Already There as they are well reviewed here. If they're pricey or can't handle 6 people with lots of luggage, reserve 2 cabs with http://www.eastsideforhire.com ...... a minivan and a prius should do it and will total $65-$70 for the pair.

If you want to go into Seattle Sat morning for some sightseeing, your hotel shuttle will drop you off at the Light Rail Station. It costs $3pp to ride to the end, at Westlake and takes 40 minutes. From Westlake you can catch the monorail to the Space Needle/Seattle Center, or, you can walk 2 blocks to Pike Place Market. If you run out of time you could catch cabs back to your hotel instead of taking Light Rail.

Be forwarded. The 2015 US Open Golf is going be held in Tacoma/University Place area next summer, the week of June 18th. With 230,000 spectators, thousands of volunteers, media, players & families and USGA staff descending on the course daily. Tacoma/University Place is not a resort destination or a major city which means that spectators from all over North America will be scrambling for hotel rooms. I think rooms will be at a premium even up in the Seattle area a week or two before and after the US Open. I plan on taking a cruise that week, or at least be out of the area.

Hi - we will be arriving in Seattle on the train from Vancouver at 10pm on a Friday night in June - Seattle accm is at about $300 per night for a 2* place and a lot more for higher star ratings. There will be 3 couples travelling. Can someone suggest where we could stay out of Seattle a bit to get some more reasonably price accommodation? We only need it for 1 night. We realise we'll then have to pay extra for cabs / transport to and from the hotel, however we would recoup this by paying less for the hotel. Our plan is to return into Seattle on Saturday morning for a look around and then out to SeaTac for a later afternoon flight out. SeaTac could be an option, but we can't seem to find a way there that won't take hours to get there that time of night. Thanks in advance for any responses.

You can go to Edmonds Washington, just north of Seattle. Several hotels in that town and the Train stops in Edmonds. Any of the hotels in Edmonds is no more than a 3 block walk to the train station. Also further north is Everett and vicinity with many hotels. Everett is the last train stop going to Vancouver.

Be forwarded. The 2015 US Open Golf is going be held in Tacoma/University Place area next summer, the week of June 18th. With 230,000 spectators, thousands of volunteers, media, players & families and USGA staff descending on the course daily. Tacoma/University Place is not a resort destination or a major city which means that spectators from all over North America will be scrambling for hotel rooms. I think rooms will be at a premium even up in the Seattle area a week or two before and after the US Open. I plan on taking a cruise that week, or at least be out of the area.

Thanks for the heads up on this! Our cruise leaves Friday June 19th. We secured a room at the Inn at the Market. A double queen is $493.60 total including tax but divided between two couples it is $246.65. And for only one night it won't be too hard to share a bathroom :) I am super excited about the location of this hotel! It will be my first time in Seattle.

Vicki

Thanks for the heads up on this! Our cruise leaves Friday June 19th. We secured a room at the Inn at the Market. A double queen is $493.60 total including tax but divided between two couples it is $246.65. And for only one night it won't be too hard to share a bathroom :) I am super excited about the location of this hotel! It will be my first time in Seattle.

Vicki

That's an awesome location. Close to the market and just a hike down the hill to the pier.