Balcony above restaurants on the waterfront

tyson

I haven't sailed on Norwegian in years but will be on the Getaway this summer. I booked cabin 9290 and am wondering if I need to make a change. Since the restaurants on the waterfront would be beneath our balcony, I'm thinking it might be loud or not seem very private. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has had a balcony on deck 9. Thanks!

Changed cabin to 9894 (other side of the ship) but still have the same question. Has anyone stayed in a deck 9 balcony cabin and have an opinion about being above the waterfront restaurants? Thanks!

Stayed on a deck 9 balcony cabin once on the Getaway and twice on the Breakaway. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. We were right above the bakery and gelato shoppe. The roof over the Waterfront completely blocks your sight of anything going on underneath you. The roofline extends from your balcony floor. Never smelled any cigarette smoke and it seemed much more private than having another balcony right under yours. :)Stephanie

I would love to be over a steak house or a bakery. I could sit out on the balcony and enjoy the smells. As for noise, at sea I sleep pretty soundly. If I was being kept awake due to sound from a bar, I guess would not be that tired. As for privacy, I can go in my cabin and close the curtains for that. If I can be seen from below on my balcony, I can see from above back. I am a people watcher (not the creepy kind mind you) and would enjoy that.