New Zealand Weather

I am thinking of taking the golden princess New Zealand cruise on the 4th of April and i was wandering if anyone would be able to tell me what the weather would be like. looking on the princess website says that the average temperature is about 14 degrees for April witch is only a degree or so lower then for December. Am i correct in thinking that the weather should be about same?

December is our spring time and April is our Autumn so they are about right on the temperatures. North Island is warmer than the South Island.

New Zealand is also know to have 4 seasons in one day the weather can vary a lot.

I would suggest clothes you can layer if you get a cold day and a rain jacket.

We are cruising to NZ leaving Brisbane 27th January do we pack summer clothes and swimming gear as well as warmer clothing? This is our first cruise so we have no idea.

What about in the MDR - do we need summer or winter clothing?

We are cruising to NZ leaving Brisbane 27th January do we pack summer clothes and swimming gear as well as warmer clothing? This is our first cruise so we have no idea.

At that time of year take summer clothing and swimmers but bring a jacket as well. :D

The tip of NZ is equivalent latitude wise to Newcastle, and the bottom is further south than Hobart. How is it possible to describe the clothing needed in one sentence?

Best advice was pack for all four seasons, and you will likely experience them all in the same day as well!

• 3 weeks later...

I have only just seen your reply, thank you. Living in Brisbane we are a bit short of winter clothes!! and we usually holiday in Fiji or Thailand so our holiday wardrobe mainly consists of swimwear, sarongs and shorts, looks like we need to go shopping but it is all summer wear now. Luckily we have jackets we bought on trips to Sydney, will have to go to Katmandu and see if they have any thermals lolol

You are indoors in an air conditioned environment. You will need some nice clothes for formal nights but mainly just smart casual. No thongs or swimwear allowed in dining rooms. On casual nights wear something neat and tidy..

Hugh

Generally that time of the year is pretty good. Some of our best and most settled weather is usually February March April, certainly I would cruise nz then rather than before Christmas when it tends to be windier and unpredictable, in general most days will be around 18+ nights will start getting cooler