Celebration December

I assume you will be in the Caribbean? It's very safe to arrange your own excursions and so much cheaper than using Thomsons. There are taxis waiting at all the ports and will take you on tours. Very often they have mini- buses and they will wait until there are 8 people to go together. We liked this option as we had others to share our experience with.

The locals are very aware of the ship's leaving time and will get you back in plenty of time.

If you lag behind and there are only about 6 of you just ask the driver to take you to see what you all want see and do. Most drivers are quite relaxed to where you want or don't want to do on their tour, but make sure you are all in agreement.:confused: The taxi/minibuses are about half the price of the ships tours, and yes all get back well in time.:)

Edited by BillandBen

I board the Celebration on the 28th of DecemberWould I be best to do the ports of call with Thompson or is it possible and safe to do them on our own.

Have a look at the "Ports Of Call" Forum on here, there's lots of info.

Another way is just to search each island and find the tourist board 'site and there'll be info there.

Then use a review 'site to check out any of the tours that interest you.

On many islands there are local tours you can book online with the operators.