Miracle: Golf Clubs - Bring Your Own or Rent

Kobayashi

I'm cruising in less than two weeks on the Miracle to the Mexican Riviera. I'm considering a golf outing in Cabo which is a tender port. Has any brought their own clubs before or do you prefer renting at the clubhouse? I prefer using my own but it would seem strange to bring them on board and then on the tender boat. It looks like Cabo has some great places. Does Carnival even allow golf clubs? Any thoughts? Thanks!

I would think it would be a hassle bringing your own clubs, plus, depending upon which airline you fly, you could incur extra baggage fees. For only a round or two of golf, I would just rent at the clubhouse. They normally have Callaway or Nike or Taylor Made clubs for rent....

Hi Kobayashi :)

Yes, golf clubs are permitted, but must be in your checked

luggage. Click on the link below, once inside scroll down

to (miscellaneous concerns).

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx

:)

Thanks for the link!

I'm driving to the port but it seems like it would be easier just to rent locally. Thanks all for the input!

I have done both..here is my opinion..the course in Cabo is lovely, first rate. I personally would want to give it my best effort, therefore I would bring my own clubs. I rented clubs in P.V. and they were mix and match. Also must have my Odyssey putter.

John

I'm cruising in less than two weeks on the Miracle to the Mexican Riviera. I'm considering a golf outing in Cabo which is a tender port. Has any brought their own clubs before or do you prefer renting at the clubhouse? I prefer using my own but it would seem strange to bring them on board and then on the tender boat. It looks like Cabo has some great places. Does Carnival even allow golf clubs? Any thoughts? Thanks!

From the Carnival Website

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=luggage#q-544510

• Golf Clubs: Should be included with checked baggage and remain in the cabin when not in use.

According to this, you can bring them on, but they must be checked. No carry on.

As far as playing with rented clubs. I have never done it, but to be honest I can not imagine my game could be worse. I'm not sure I can hit any wedge well.

I don't think I would want to lug my whole bag with me, for all the reasons you said. I might take my putter.

I have done both..here is my opinion..the course in Cabo is lovely, first rate. I personally would want to give it my best effort, therefore I would bring my own clubs. I rented clubs in P.V. and they were mix and match. Also must have my Odyssey putter.

John

That's what I'm concerned about is the hodgepodge of clubs. I haven't had to rent clubs in awhile and have a better feel for my own. If it was renting a complete set that contained one manufacturer that would be ideal.

I don't think I would want to lug my whole bag with me, for all the reasons you said. I might take my putter.

This is my other concern of lugging this around at a tender port and when self disembarking.

Hmmm...

That's what I'm concerned about is the hodgepodge of clubs. I haven't had to rent clubs in awhile and have a better feel for my own. If it was renting a complete set that contained one manufacturer that would be ideal.

This is my other concern of lugging this around at a tender port and when self disembarking.

Hmmm...

Maybe contact a couple of the courses your thinking about via email and see if you can get a feel for their rental program. Seems like it comes down to lugging vs really enjoying the outing. What kind of clubs you get might make the decision easier. I feel your pain. Tough call.

Maybe contact a couple of the courses your thinking about via email and see if you can get a feel for their rental program. Seems like it comes down to lugging vs really enjoying the outing. What kind of clubs you get might make the decision easier. I feel your pain. Tough call.

Solid advice! I've used my own for awhile that I haven't had to think about renting so it hadn't crossed my mind to email the courses and ask. Thanks for your input.

I agree it's a tough call. If I'm spending $300 - $400 to play a round I want to play with my own clubs or know I have a decent set. Then again, lugging around all that stuff is a challenge.

Thanks again. Your posts have been helpful not just here but for other questions I've had.

Hmmm...

Since you are driving to the port, definitely bring your clubs. Hodge-podge set makeup, worn grips and ill-fitting clubs can wreck your round. They don't take up that much space in your cabin. I would store mine in the shower since I shower up in the cloud 9 spa.

I played cabo with my own clubs in 2004 on the elation..as part of the tour carnival saw to it that my clubs got to the course and back again..I did not have to carry them!!!

That is a nice service. Did you book the outing through Carnival?

I played cabo with my own clubs in 2004 on the elation..as part of the tour carnival saw to it that my clubs got to the course and back again..I did not have to carry them!!!

Could I email/call Carnival to ask about this? That would be great. Let me dig around and ask about this.

when I have played on vacation, I usually have just rented clubs...

i have found that the nicer the course, usually the nicer the rental clubs....

Excellent point! Something to consider.