Help please: Free Vacation Protection?

Peppa26

I was in process to pay in total for my cruise coming up in December just now. The webpage says:

Carnival recommends
VACATION PROTECTION
Add to guest for $0.00

Is it really free? It's too good to be true so I decided to ask here first. :confused::confused:

[quote name='xowendyxo']A total for each passenger will show up once you add it.[/QUOTE]

The thing is that it still showed the original total payment after I added it for everyone.

Well I guess I'll pass without adding it. Edited by Peppa26

[quote name='Peppa26']The thing is that it still showed the original total payment after I added it for everyone.

Well I guess I'll pass without adding it.[/quote]

If that is what it shows, go ahead and get it.
Get a print/screen capture of the checkout page and order page.
You are only agreeing to pay what is showing up on your screen.
If it's a mistake they can remove it, but I don't believe you should have to pay anything else after the purchase.

Did it let you check out? The same thing happened to me a bit ago and showed free gratuities too, but when I went to check out I would get an error page, which leads me to believe it was a website error (obviously).

But if it allows you to book and all they can't go back and charge you later. They may take it away and you'd have to buy it "again", but I wonder if it would be like when an airline makes a price mistake and they'd have to eat the loss. I once flew to Belgium for $280 round trip because of a similar error. They forgot to add taxes and fees to the flights!

• 10 months later...
I know this is an old thread, but I had this today as well and wanted to share my experience. In my case I was applying a gift card and paying off the entire amount.

I could add vacation protection and it showed as $0 for all four of us, and didn't change the total at all. I then applied the gift card successfully. When I went back to look at the reservation it had increased by about $500 ($159 for two adults, $99 for two kids). Prices were showing correctly and the total due was adjusted accordingly. I just removed vacation protection from everyone and we're back to normal.