Eurodam 10-26-14 Review and FCC questions

cwd79

Thanks for the review and congratulations on booking both of your future cruises.

We had to change our booking for a future cruise and our TA handled it. We were able to transfer the deposit but we did lose our shipboard credit. When our TA asked HAL about that they said the credit was only valid for cruises that were booked while on board. See what happens when you try to change. Maybe your situation will be different but I just wanted to make you aware of our experience.

As far as Explore 4, take it if it's offered. It includes all beverages under $7.00 and that includes special coffees, soda and bottled water. You've got nothing to lose.

Thank you for the review. We will be on the Eurodam soon and it is good to know she is still in good shape.

As to the question about the reservations, I do know if you buy a package, it says you must make reservations on board. Other than that, I had no trouble booking the Pinnacle and Tamarind on line.

We were on the exact same cruise in a Neptune Suite. We were in 7055.

My other family members were in 7057-also next to the elevators and 7053. I agree with most of the thing you said. We did have one bad experience in the PG for breakfast.

The six of us ordered. 4 orders came out and they didn't serve us until the other 2 orders came out about 10 minutes later. My sisters eggs Benedict were cold by that time. She sent them back. The came back about 2 minutes later with the yolks hard boiled. They must have put them in the microwave. She sent them back again and they finally got it right the 3rd time. Then the toast came when we were almost done and my Mom 's looked fine on one side but the other side was black. We complained but by then we were all done with our meals. I told our concierge and she said she would contact the manager. He tried calling me but we were out of our suite. So he sent a plate of desserts with a note of apology. The concierge also followed up with me and asked that we go back again, which we did. Everything was back to the usual high standards the we have come to expect from the PG.

We also did a FCC for March 2016- Panama Canal. The travel consultant said that we could change our cruise and our $150 pp ship board credit would not be altered. BUT if we changed the cruise we originally selected we would forfeiture the Explorer4 benefits which are good for my husband and I.