Radiance Cabin 7108 - Alaska

elleluv

So we did it! :D DH and I just booked an Alaska Southbound cruise for June, 2006 on Radiance. We wanted to have our first bump cabin for this cruise and were looking at port side bumps on Deck 9 - D1 (all taken), Deck 8 - E1 (all taken) and ended up reserving an E1 on Deck 7, Cabin 7108.

It seems like I had read on a previous thread that there is an obstruction if you are looking straight down off the balcony in these cabins (the lifeboats).

Is my memory correct? Does anyone have any experience with this cabin or any close to it?

So we did it! :D DH and I just booked an Alaska Southbound cruise for June, 2006 on Radiance. We wanted to have our first bump cabin for this cruise and were looking at port side bumps on Deck 9 - D1 (all taken), Deck 8 - E1 (all taken) and ended up reserving an E1 on Deck 7, Cabin 7108.

It seems like I had read on a previous thread that there is an obstruction if you are looking straight down off the balcony in these cabins (the lifeboats).

Is my memory correct? Does anyone have any experience with this cabin or any close to it?

I answered a question there that will also answer yours and more besides and 'yes' there is an obstruction for all but the 2 centre 'hump' cabins..That said - u likely won't really miss looking straight down.

Happy cruisin'!

If you are doing Southbound out of Seward, AK....from what I hear, the port side of the ship is better to view land & scenery. This is what we were told by former cruisers. We wondered when booking why all the hump cabins weren't available...we soon found out. It was the wrong side of the ship. :o

We have an E2 port balcony and we're sailing the same itinerary as you in September 2006...plus a pre-land tour. We also switched from an E3 because of the obstruction.

If interested you can call RCCL and see if there are any port cabins available in E2's. Online won't show all the cabins....that's if you want to change. Whatever your preference maybe, it will work.

Happy Sailing :)

Archived