MSC for blended family?

Sparkygirl

We are looking into cruises in 2016-2017 for our blended family of 7. 4 adults and 3 children 5, 13 and 15. Is dinning at set times? Can we request to share a table? My husband and his ex wife have never been to Europe so we are considering those itineraries. Is there enough to do that my stepchildren can have time with each of their families without us constantly being on top of each other?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are looking into cruises in 2016-2017 for our blended family of 7. 4 adults and 3 children 5, 13 and 15. Is dinning at set times? Can we request to share a table? My husband and his ex wife have never been to Europe so we are considering those itineraries. Is there enough to do that my stepchildren can have time with each of their families without us constantly being on top of each other?

The one thing I do remember about taking a European cruise as a 14/15 year old was it was kind of hard meeting people around my age. On the cruise of about 2200 people, only 15-20 or so were American. language was a huge barrier aside from with the crew. This was 11 years ago though, and on a Costa ship.

Dinner at 6 and 8:45. You can request a table, see the maître d' when you arrive. If it in America there will be some English speaking kids, but if it is Europe there will not be as many. All announcements of importance will be in 5 languages, but the occasional announcements will be in the lang. of the country it is departing from.

The little will be fine in camp, but unless your kids are adventuresome and/or self contained, it will be a harder for the teens during the day.

They do have trivia and some other challenging games for people during the day.

Shows at nighttime will be the highlight for them. They are fabulous.

European cruises are very port intensive, so the main thing to do is ashore. There should be plenty to occupy them ashore seeing new countries and cultures for the first time.

Depending on when you go, there may be a lot or not many kids onboard. Certainly in summer there will be. There may not be very many Americans though. The youngest kids often mix the best. Remember seeing a treasure hunt going around the ship with the little ones (around 4-6 years) and they were gabbing away in a variety of languages and didn't even Ppear to notice or allow it to stop them all giggling and having fun. Any older European children will speak some English. Don't know if mixing with differnt nationalities would appeal or not. Ideal opportunity for them to learn a few foreign words and understand how varied the rest of the world is.