Quantum and Anthem both based in NYC?

e2011

Why would Royal base both these ships in NYC? I just looked at the cruises and they all seem to leave from Cape Liberty?

By the time Anthem gets to Cape Liberty, Quantum will be gone to Asia.

Why would Royal base both these ships in NYC? I just looked at the cruises and they all seem to leave from Cape Liberty?

The ships will not be there at the same time. First of all, they built a brand new smart terminal to handle the ships. Additionally, Quantum is leaving for China in the Spring, Liberty is coming up for the Summer, and then Anthem is coming in the Fall of 2015 through Spring 2016 as far as we can tell.

Anyone know how well the Quantum cruises out of Cape Liberty are selling? I'm wondering because RCCL is doing an incredible amount of advertising locally here in the NYC area (radio ads, billboards, posters on buses, etc) for Quantum the last few weeks. It has me wondering if they're not selling particularly well. Wouldn't be surprising, given the pricing.

Anyone know how well the Quantum cruises out of Cape Liberty are selling? I'm wondering because RCCL is doing an incredible amount of advertising locally here in the NYC area (radio ads, billboards, posters on buses, etc) for Quantum the last few weeks. It has me wondering if they're not selling particularly well. Wouldn't be surprising, given the pricing.

I was recently looking at some cruises/prices for Quantum next Mar/Apr. Many of the Bahamas sailings either have no cabins available, or only a few remaining.

I would imagine the advertising is simply because Royal is putting a brand new, amazing ship in the NYC area.

We are tempted to try the Anthem from Cape Liberty but the itinerary is not too appealing to us. We will probably end up booking though so we can explore the ship.

I agree about the itineraries. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of summer 2016 itineraries, because I'm hoping Anthem will be doing the 9N Bermuda/Caribbean runs. If she isn't doing them, I'll probably just book a Bahamas cruise sometime in March just to try out the ship...

Would the Anthem be too big for Bermuda?

Bermuda needs to dredge I believe. I think the original plan for Quantum was to do Bermuda, but Bermuda wasn't going to dredge in time, so Royal redeployed Quantum to Asia.

I'm hoping Bermuda dredges in time for Anthem, but who knows…

Maybe if Bermuda isn't an option, they could just do a mix of 9/10/11 night Caribbean itineraries in the summer. I guess we'll have to wait til next Feb/Mar/Apr to find out what Royal is planning to do!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Guest maddycat
Cape Liberty is NJ not NYC, would love to see RCCL in NYC

They were at one time. It was a nightmare for those of us who drive to and park at the pier. Parking at the NYC pier is now $40 a day!

Guest maddycat
Bermuda needs to dredge I believe. I think the original plan for Quantum was to do Bermuda, but Bermuda wasn't going to dredge in time, so Royal redeployed Quantum to Asia.

I'm hoping Bermuda dredges in time for Anthem, but who knows…

Maybe if Bermuda isn't an option, they could just do a mix of 9/10/11 night Caribbean itineraries in the summer. I guess we'll have to wait til next Feb/Mar/Apr to find out what Royal is planning to do!

I don't think that RCI will give up the Bermuda sailings. If Bermuda doesn't dredge the channel in time for the Anthem to sail there, then RCI will probably have another ship sail from NJ to Bermuda. I really hope that Bermuda moves on it so that we can keep the Anthem in NJ.

I don't think that RCI will give up the Bermuda sailings. If Bermuda doesn't dredge the channel in time for the Anthem to sail there, then RCI will probably have another ship sail from NJ to Bermuda. I really hope that Bermuda moves on it so that we can keep the Anthem in NJ.

I know that there will most likely always be a ship doing the Bermuda runs. I was just saying how I am hoping for Anthem to be the one doing them.

Have anthem do 9/10/11 nights cruises just not to bermuda its only there now for 6 hours on a 9 night cruise . Then put a radiance or vision class ship to do bermuda and make it a 7 night cruise not a 5 night cruise have too ships in nj ncl has too ships in NYC for years doing the same thing.

Have anthem do 9/10/11 nights cruises just not to bermuda its only there now for 6 hours on a 9 night cruise . Then put a radiance or vision class ship to do bermuda and make it a 7 night cruise not a 5 night cruise have too ships in nj ncl has too ships in NYC for years doing the same thing.

Celebrity Summit is already doing the 7-night cruises to Bermuda. I'm not sure if the parent company would want two of their ships competing with each other out of Bayonne with the same itinerary.

That makes sense if the ships will not be there at the same time. I wish one would base in Florida because I am not going to fly north just to come back south! I may be more inclined to do Asia.

Do what I'm doing, cruise Anthem in europe. There's no way I'm flying to NJ to sail to Port Canaveral and Nassau!

Do what I'm doing, cruise Anthem in europe. There's no way I'm flying to NJ to sail to Port Canaveral and Nassau!

If one were to fly up here for Anthem, at least book a longer itinerary (I'm booked on a great looking 12-nighter). I can't imagine flying up here to go to PC and Nassau either.

If Rccl is doing 5 nights whats 2 more nights. Have Rccl ship leave on saturday and keep celebrity on sunday if anything you will get people to go to RCCL over ncl and this will never hurt celebrity . Or put a solstice class ship in for bermuda and keep anthem out of bermuda.