Fascination or Fantasy

We live in Charleston and always drive to Jacksonville for the Fascination for these reasons:

1. Fascination has balcony cabins (they are less $ than the suites on the Fantasy)

2. We love the 5 day cruises to Half Moon Cay or Little Stirrup Cay

3. We have NO DESIRE to go to Freeport!

I'm still trying to find a cruise out of Charleston that fits for us....I will keep looking but in the meantime, it's the Fascination for us.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

I just got off the Fascination October 25th and I cruised on the Fantasy last year.. Fascination (Jacksonville) has a much easier and faster embarkation process. We waited in several lines for Fantasy, but breezed right through for Fascination, both times arriving at an early time. I like both ships (same layout mostly) but Fascination had better service over the Fantasy.

Both are nice ships. If you want a regular balcony cabin, then book the Fascination. If not, look and see which has the best price.

I really liked sailing down the St Johns river out of Jacksonville though. You have the bridge you go under, plus there is a lot of other scenery along the river.

I live about an equal distance from Jacksonville and Charleston. I'm looking at a 5 day to the Bahamas so I need to decide on either the Fascination out of Jax or the Fantasy out of Charleston. Which would you choose and why?

We have a five hour drive to Charleston and a seven hour drive to Jacksonville. We have been on the Fantasy twice and the Fascination three times. I would do the Fascination. We do the Fascination on the five days. We would do it if it had a seven day. The Fantasy is okay and we are doing it in February simply because it is a 7 day. But, if the Fascination had a 7 day, hands down, we would be on it. We found the prices to be a lot cheaper on the Fascination, and it goes to the private islands.

Edited by scooterpopsnana

I just came off of the Fascination (like this morning) and service was wonderful. The ships are the same layout but if you want a balcony you need the Fascination. We are insiders though so that doesn't make a difference for me. Although it has been since 2009 when it was sailing out of Mobile (oh how I miss that port), I remember decent service on the Fantasy as well.