Can I book onboard for the perks and tranfer to a TA with a cheaper group price

doodlefan

I think there are just too many variables for one single answer.

This is the answer.

I keep trying to come up with a flow chart for how perks are applied to what reservations, and it is just almost impossible to filter in all the nuances that come with reservations and perks.

End of the day, someone has to see if the computer will book it and if computer says no then it's no.

Variables to consider:

Full fare or a discounted fare

=If discounted, is it a discount program that allows other perks or not?

=If discount is it part of a group?

==If part of a group is it a Contracted Group or is it a "casual group" organized by a travel agent?

===If a Contracted group - does the group contract allow perks to be applied or does the contract disallow perks to be applied?

=Does the reservation have any combination of perks existing that prohibit additional perks to be added?

=Does the reservation have any perks that may conflict with the T%C of perks one wants to add?

=Does the perk one wants to ad have T&C's that conflict with those of an existing perk, reservation, or group contract?

The new "all inclusive" 123 offer that started yesterday, for example, has this as part of its T&C's:

All Offers: Offers are applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period - See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-all-inclusive#sthash.TeruBxJt.dpuf

Yes, that would be preferred over a lot of conjecture. ;)

There is so much misinformation in this thread I don't even know where to begin.

I'm really hoping an experienced Travel Agent with current experience with Celebrity will come on this thread and provide some clarity.

Agreed! :)

I think there are just too many variables for one single answer.