Price Drop -Carnival wont help

nm951

I looked at my original invoice, it doesn't say, I booked it myself. Lat year when we waited until about now the ship was full for Christmas week so we did a 7 day on NCL and thought the service was so bad, so this year we booked early and that came back to bite us in the butt....

If you go on Carnivals website there is a place that will tell you how much it would cost to cancel and there is also a place that tells you what rate you booked under.

Bill

I looked at my original invoice, it doesn't say, I booked it myself. Lat year when we waited until about now the ship was full for Christmas week so we did a 7 day on NCL and thought the service was so bad, so this year we booked early and that came back to bite us in the butt....

It should tell you in the notes section of your invoice.

But if you booked it direct through Carnival, then call them and ask what rate it is. If it's not Early Saver then tell them you want to cancel and rebook. If it's ES, then have them apply the savings. Keep in mind that the total must be less taking into consideration any previous OBC you may have from previous sales or increase in taxes/port charges,etc.

If you used a TA, then you are at the mercy of them. You may be part of a group booking or there could be other factors that would play into it as well. I know you said you "booked it yourself" but there are plenty of online TAs that you can book yourself without speaking to anyone.

The only way Carnival would be able to help is if you went directly through them. If you did and they still say no then ask them why. There has to be a good reason why you are being denied. It's probably something simple that maybe you're not understanding.

It should tell you in the notes section of your invoice.

But if you booked it direct through Carnival, then call them and ask what rate it is. If it's not Early Saver then tell them you want to cancel and rebook. If it's ES, then have them apply the savings. Keep in mind that the total must be less taking into consideration any previous OBC you may have from previous sales or increase in taxes/port charges,etc.

If you used a TA, then you are at the mercy of them. You may be part of a group booking or there could be other factors that would play into it as well. I know you said you "booked it yourself" but there are plenty of online TAs that you can book yourself without speaking to anyone.

The only way Carnival would be able to help is if you went directly through them. If you did and they still say no then ask them why. There has to be a good reason why you are being denied. It's probably something simple that maybe you're not understanding.

I'm just guessing here since I can't find anything on Carnivals website but I'm thinking that although final payment isn't due until 30 days before sailing the regular cancelation penalties of 75 days still applies.

Maybe somebody who booked with this deal can clarify.

Bill

NCL is bad. Carnival is no better. Is there a cruise line you are actually happy with? Do tell.

On your Guest Confirmation document, toward the end under GUEST NOTES you might be lucky and see the Booking type, but more likely you'll see the Terms and Conditions of your booking, which you have to compare to the T & C for the various bookings to see what you booked. This is really lame. If you copy and paste your Terms & Conditions to a post, maybe we can figure out your booking.

If you go to MY CRUISE MANAGER for your booking you should see in several places the "Balance Due By....." -- that should be your so-called Final Payment Due Date - what does it show? If you pay early, prior to this Final Payment DATE you are still entitled to cancel and such - you might have to argue this with a few reps or ask for a supervisor.

The T&C for various current Booking types are at http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

ken

Edited by Ken076