Port Everglades Car Rental

CountryCruiser

My wife and I are disembarking in Port Everglades and flight doesn't leave MIA until after 8:00 pm. Plan to use the Princess bag service, so won't have luggage to deal with. Been on all the Princess offered tours. They are good, but want to do something different. Thinking about renting a car and just driving around sight seeing. Food and beach would be good. Any suggestions on where to get rental car? Can you rent it at the port or would we need to get a cab to somewhere to rent it? Since going to MIA, it will be one-way. Any suggestions on what places to visit? I am open to anything right now. Would even consider using cab service to places instead of renting a car.

I would use an off site rental agency (no need to go to FLL to pick up a car). The closest outside the Port Everglades gate is Thrifty/Dollar on Miami Ave...also there is a Budget on 17th Street..both of these companies have free shuttles to their rental offices. These are the two companies we have personally used.