FT Lauderdale Hilton Marina

PSkinner

We will be staying here pre-cruise arriving around 1PM Sunday afternoon. We are wanting to find something close by (within walking distance) to eat and maybe grab a few drinks. Any suggestions? Also, is there a store near by to purchase wine for carry-on? We were thinking about taking the Water Taxi just not sure where the stops are located near the hotel and want to be sure we will not get stranded after hours.

thanks!

The water taxi stop is just under the bridge.

You will find some wine at Walgreens 2 blocks away. If you want a bigger selection, go a few blocks further west to Total Wine in the Harbor Shops behind Embassy Suites.

There is a nice Asian restaurant called Nanking in the hotel, as well as a bar and restaurant at the pool. If you walk 2-3 blocks you'll find Market 17, Bimini Boatyard, and Bravo, along with a few chains.

thanks, we will be there Super Bowl Sunday around noon and leave Monday on the Freedom Repositioning cruise. Got find a fun place to watch the game and enjoy our evening!

By far, go to Bokampers! On the water and 150 TVs with great food. Get there early!

The water taxi can actually take you to Bokampers, but allow lots of time because you have to get off at Gallery One and take another water taxi north. You can walk to Duffy's, another great game spot. It's about 6 blocks away at Harbor Shops. Also, The Tilted Kilt sports bar is opening this week in Ft Lauderdale...should be about a $10 taxi ride, as it's only about 3 miles away.

Edited by royalcruz

DO we have to buy a full day pass for the water taxi or can we purchase as we go? Our flight was just changed and we will not be arriving now until almost 2pm at FLL. Not sure how long it will take to get from airport to Hilton.

DO we have to buy a full day pass for the water taxi or can we purchase as we go? Our flight was just changed and we will not be arriving now until almost 2pm at FLL. Not sure how long it will take to get from airport to Hilton.

Once you get your luggage and go outside, it is only a 10 to 15 minute cab ride. I think it was $14 plus tip.

I only recall an all day pass, but I could be wrong.

We're looking at the Hilton Marina for Feb as well, and I noticed they have a package that include shuttle to the port and breakfast buffet for a really good rate.

We're on the LOS Feb 9, and flying in Feb 8, staying just one night. However, the rate I can get on the hotel website is only 209 for the pkg, which looks REALLY good to me (especially compared to the other hotels I've checked).

However, the reviews on TripAdvisor are pretty much all over the place, which makes me hesitate a little. My big questions are:

How's the hotel restaurants? We get in at 6:30pm, and I don't really want to have to wander around looking for a place to eat. We're not particularly picky, but I don't want fast food either. And how are the drinks prices? I know we'll want to relax a bit, and if there's a bar at the pool we might just sit out if it's nice.

We're looking at the Hilton Marina for Feb as well, and I noticed they have a package that include shuttle to the port and breakfast buffet for a really good rate.

We're on the LOS Feb 9, and flying in Feb 8, staying just one night. However, the rate I can get on the hotel website is only 209 for the pkg, which looks REALLY good to me (especially compared to the other hotels I've checked).

However, the reviews on TripAdvisor are pretty much all over the place, which makes me hesitate a little. My big questions are:

How's the hotel restaurants? We get in at 6:30pm, and I don't really want to have to wander around looking for a place to eat. We're not particularly picky, but I don't want fast food either. And how are the drinks prices? I know we'll want to relax a bit, and if there's a bar at the pool we might just sit out if it's nice.

There are so many good restaurants right around the restaurant within walking distance (Bimini Boatyard, Pei Wei, Shula Burger) that I wouldn't worry about eating in the hotel.

The restaurant hotel used to be China Grille but it is now Nanking Asian. Supposed to be good.

We are taking advantage of the Cruise shuttle and breakfast package as well; can't beat that price. We are arriving at 2 pm now so we are willing to walk around and even take the taxi. We are looking at the 15 ST Fisheries but didn't want to have to pay for a full day pass if it is just one stop away. Heck we may just walk it. Doesn't look that far; how would that walk be after dark? Safe?

There are so many good restaurants right around the restaurant within walking distance (Bimini Boatyard, Pei Wei, Shula Burger) that I wouldn't worry about eating in the hotel.

The restaurant hotel used to be China Grille but it is now Nanking Asian. Supposed to be good.

We ate at Nanking. The service was slow but the food was very good. We didn't get any sushi, as the reviewers online didn't like it. It was dead on a Saturday night.