Stingray City / Island Tour ?

elvisrocks

kod1963

Thank you. I am also short 4'11". So If I feel comfortable with the water depth I may try to get in. If not, others suggested sitting on the back of the boat or landing (if they have one) and then I can let my DH have fun while I take pictures/video's and laugh at him. Oh Im sorry, I meant laugh "with" him...:D

Hello

I have a trip reserved with Nativeway and I am wondering what happens if the weather prevents the ship from stopping in Grand Cayman?

Has this ever happened to anyone? will Nativeway still charge me? I have asked Sharon a few times but she never answers that question.

Thanks

In the email Sharon sent to me for our 9/22 trip with Nativeway, she said they don't even charge you credit card until you get on the boat with them. If your ship does not come in, there are no charges. If your ship does come in and you don't show up - - obviously they would charge you a cancellation fee. Hope this helps.

Here's something that I find odd. I just checked how many ships will be in Grand Cayman on 12/1, there are ELEVEN ships! My husband said, it seems odd that they don't think they'll be able to operate above cost that day. I have to agree. Looks like they'd be booming. The Rays Reef and Rum thing just didn't appeal to me because I didn't want to be in the water/beach all day. We're planning on doing a beach break on one of our other excursions.

I can say that I'm glad they said this up front. Because, I'd have been hacked to have gotten an email a week before sailing saying "Sorry, we're cancelling this".

It seems strange that they are not offering it on 12/1. I emailed them about going on 11/29 and sharon said they will be offering the stingray/island excursion on that date. I would say try asking again.

Does anyone know if you can just go to Stingray City, and swim with the Stingrays on your own? We are in Granad Cayman for such a short time, we want to fit in a couple of different activities.

Thanks

Carnival Pride 10-95

Carnival Inspiration 10-05

No you cannot go alone. The sandbar is a few miles offshore just before the reef.

We were in GC last Thursday and did the Rays and Island tour with the Coral Gardens added. Our guides and captain were very good and I would highly recommend this tour with NativeWay with one exception, the website says you visit the Tortuga Rum Factory but they actually take you to Tortuga gift shop.

Our guide was a native of GC and he was full of information about the island and it's history.

As for the credit card they will not charge you for the tour until you are on the boat and actually done with the stingrays. You can use cash or credit card.

Any questions feel free to ask!

Clint

I have many questions, We will be on the NCL Jewel next March. We will arrive in Grand Cayman (Tender port) at 11:00am and depart at 7:00pm. Most of the tour operators mentioned in this thread start their tours in the morning before we arrive. We would like an island tour. Could anyone give me any suggestions, is it easy to get a taxi to take us to the turtle farm? Is the fare pre-negotiated or metered? Does anyone know how much it will cost?. We are a party of 6 so we may need two taxis. How far away is Rum Point?

Does anyone have the website where I can find out how many ships will be in port that same day? Thanks

I did ask again and I this email says they're going ahead and doing it:

Pleasant Greetings!

We have decided to continue with the Stingray & Island Tour. To that end, there is a tour on December 1. It will depart the pier at 10:30 AM Eastern Time and complete at 2:30 PM Eastern Time. Let me know if you would like to reserve space. Include the name of the ship you are arriving on.

We would like an island tour. Could anyone give me any suggestions, is it easy to get a taxi to take us to the turtle farm? Is the fare pre-negotiated or metered? Does anyone know how much it will cost?. We are a party of 6 so we may need two taxis. How far away is Rum Point?

You can get an island tour at the dock once you get off the tender. There will tons of independant operators there with signs. THere is NO WAY you can miss them. Usually they'll fill a bus before the tour leaves. Most island tours were around 10-11 per person. Rum point is added to some island tours just ask the person you are booking with.

Clint

We will be visiting Grand Cayman during our 10/30/05 cruise on the Carnival Conquest. Since this will be our first cruise I wanted to be sure to see the "best" things. Since many people on these boards say you must see the stingrays I have booked a trip on the Buccaneer which is a 50 ft catamaran and not used for direct booking by the ships. Here is the link: http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Excursions.htm

The 3 hour trip was $39 per adult and $25 for 10 and under which I thought was a good price. (Our ship excursion wanted $47 per adult.)They are located just a couple of blocks from the cruise terminal so you can walk there. Also it is the only one(per their website) to have a liquor license so they have a cash bar onboard. They offer full refunds if there is a problem with your ship getting there or weather.

I really liked the "live" chat function so you can get information from their agent immediately.

They offer other trips as well as trips on some of the other islands as well including some from Cozumel.

Hope this helps someone.

:( Sorry, this is a duplicate. Computer locked up during first post - didn't think it would go through.

We will be visiting Grand Cayman during our 10/30/05 cruise on the Carnival Conquest. Since this will be our first cruise I wanted to be sure to see the "best" things. Since many people on these boards say you must see the stingrays I have booked a trip on the Buccaneer which is a 50 ft catamaran and not used for direct booking by the ships. Here is the link: http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Excursions.htm

The 3 hour trip was $39 per adult and $25 for 10 and under which I thought was a good price. (Our ship excursion wanted $47 per adult.)They are located just a couple of blocks from the cruise terminal so you can walk there. Also it is the only one(per their website) to have a liquor license so they have a cash bar onboard. They offer full refunds if there is a problem with your ship getting there or weather.

:D I really liked the "live" chat function so you can get information from their agent immediately.

They offer other trips as well as trips on some of the other islands as well including some from Cozumel.

Hope this helps someone.

http://sotoscruises.com/index.shtml

In Grand Cayman, we pre-booked an excursion with Soto Tours to swim and snorkel with the stingrays and snorkel at Coral Gardens and Stinray Sandbar for $30 per person. This was an excellent choice. The same excursion booked on the ship was $69 per person and our boat was a lot less crowded. Therefore we got very individualized attention and had plenty of time to enjoy this wonderful tour. I highly recommend it.

Archived