Is FTTF worth it in Tampa?

ffmack

We have an early flight returning home and were wondering if FTTF is worth the extra $50 at the Port of Tampa since it is smaller and has seemed to be pretty quick in the past? Does FTTF really get you off faster when coming home?

Edited by ffmack

We have an early flight returning home and were wondering if FTTF is worth the extra $50 at the Port of Tampa since it is smaller and has seemed to be pretty quick in the past? Does FTTF really get you off faster when coming home?

Not really since you can do self disembark by taking all of your luggage with you. Now if you carry tons of stuff that you can't carry, then FTTF would help in that situation. But, FTTF is useful for so many other situations other than getting on or off the ship fast.

Edited by Out to sea!

As noted above, the Port of Tampa does an excellent job of getting folks on, and off the ships anyway. Only the smaller ships ie; Fantasy Class, and Spirit Class, ships sail out of Tampa, and they have FAR less passengers, and thirdly, the self assist leave the ship before FTTF anyway, so plan ahead, take less "stuff", and do self assist. You'll be ahead of the FTTF folks, and have $50 in your pocket! :cool:

"SKY"

FTTF is good for getting on the ship faster, getting off faster, costumer service fast, getting to your room faster, getting your luggage faster, getting on the out going tender faster... worth $50, sure is.

The big deal is that I booked with Allegiant Air lines and my plane leaves at 10:33. The whole time I was booking the flight the website said Tampa, Tampa, Tampa, but after I got my tickets and talked with my Platinum friends I foundout/relized that Allegiant is out of St. Pete not Tampa. So we have to get over to St. Pete. Allegiant uses the Tampa listing to attract more customer. Plus we have our 8 month old with her stroller and stuff. We pack pretty light but I'm in freak mode now. We at least have already found a private car to get us to the airport for a great price.

If there isn't fog on the return and depending how early the flight is...

I have to disagree, and I too live there. The fog which can certainly be present doesn't affect disembarking, so for what the OP asked, I agree with the others FTTF in Tampa may not be worth it for the reasons in the posts given.

Edited by Tampa8

It has been several years since I flew Allegiant and at that time they did NOT fly out of St. Pete. It was really out of Clearwater (over the bridge from Tampa). The airport is called St. Pete/Clearwater (PIE) but it was out of Clearwater not St. Pete. They might have a shuttle from the port ?Super Shuttle that you could look into. I always took a taxi since it wasn't far away from my home.

The ride to PIE (St Pete - Clearwater) airport from the Port is only about 8 to 10 minutes longer than to TPA. I doubt that there will be a lot of difference in the time needed to check in, as I'd bet the check in time at PIE will be considerably faster than wandering through the terminal at TPA. It's a much smaller airport.

"SKY"