Informal night

Hello, we will be celebratong our parents 50 wedding anniversary on celebrity summit, to Alaska. It will be an informal night but we will be going to the speciality resturant for that night. We want to be dressed up for the big night. Would a long dress for myself be ok to wear. My mother will be wearing a dressy black pants suit. My sister long flowy pants and a sparkly top. But I dont want to be over dressed. What do you all think. Should I do pants as well? Thanks

First, let me say congratulations to your parents on their Golden Anniversary. What a lovely way to celebrate, taking a cruise together.

Not being able to see the clothes, it is hard to have any opinion. If you feel your dress is a lot dressier than the other ladies, you may want to save it for formal evening. I have long dresses that I would wear to dinner and do not feel as though they are "formal". Have you compared your dress to the other ladies yet?

Kathy

The dress I would wear is long black jersey material, with white bodice and some black trim on the white. It has thin straps. My mothers pants suit is dressy black with gold trim, and my sister almost chose the outfit for formal night, but got something else for formal night, so decided to wear the sparkle top for the anniversary dinner. Does anyone who has been to the Normande resturant on the summit remember if people wore formal type clothing for it? I love this board, it has really helped in getting ready for the cruise. Thanks. Also do they take formal pictures every night on the cruise?

There is no such thing as being over dressed. Congratuliations to you & your parents.

You are going out on the town for a special event & you will dressed accordingly. Despite what you read on these boards sometimes, people do clean up a bit for cruising.

Trish

I too would wear it, as I like to be overdressed as opposed to under. We went to the alternate dining on the Voyager and we wore long dresses and suits to dinner. They were not beaded type dresses, but were floor length, and we never felt out of place. Have fun, Alaska is a great cruise!

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

Archived