OBC or Balcony Upgrade

So I noticed that the prices have dropped a little for my upcoming cruise. I can get the difference in OBC $20-$30 (I think if I call them and ask for it) or I can upgrade my oceanview to a balcony for $60 total. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it? Is it possible for the prices to drop again before the 11/29 sail date? If so and I've upgraded to a balcony can I then get OBC again?

So I noticed that the prices have dropped a little for my upcoming cruise. I can get the difference in OBC $20-$30 (I think if I call them and ask for it) or I can upgrade my oceanview to a balcony for $60 total. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it? Is it possible for the prices to drop again before the 11/29 sail date? If so and I've upgraded to a balcony can I then get OBC again?

For the $60, I would do the upgrade. And as long as you are ES and that there are cabins available in the rate category, you can get a price drop if one is available.

As snc cam posted you must be early saver to get OBC. You are sailing in just over a week. We don't want this to turn into another "Carnival wont give me what I am not entitled to thread." If you did book ES you are always early saver. You can upgrade or get OBC. If you are looking to price match it can not be to a price that Carnival picks your room. Best of luck and have a wonderful cruise.

As snc cam posted you must be early saver to get OBC. You are sailing in just over a week. We don't want this to turn into another "Carnival wont give me what I am not entitled to thread." If you did book ES you are always early saver. You can upgrade or get OBC. If you are looking to price match it can not be to a price that Carnival picks your room. Best of luck and have a wonderful cruise.

The OP poster is sailing at the end of the month. There is time for the price to drop.

The OP poster is sailing at the end of the month. There is time for the price to drop.

My mistake. I looked at the signature line when calculating her sail date 11/14. I saw November 14th not November 2014. Yes there is time for a price drop regardless of the sail date.

I've been in daily contact with Carnival and so far it's still $60 for the balcony upgrade. I'm going to decide on Sunday. Either way I'm going to enjoy the cruise but a balcony will be icing on the cake :p

I don't understand your delay with the balcony. What if prices change today to higher rates? The extra $60 won't be available then. I'd jump on it in a heartbeat, unless you have a cabin in your preferred spot.