Prinsendam review posted :)

localady

Hello!

CC posted my Prinsendam review very promptly. Kudos to them for the speed of the posting! :) If you'd like to see it, it's posted here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12357

The newest reviews of the Prinsendam have been very favorable. Maybe it's time for CC to consider the 3 star rating it was given.:rolleyes:

I know JHannah and DW will soon be boarding the Prinsendam. A big BON VOYAGE to you both!!!:D

Thanks so much for your review. I read every word. Brought back good memories of my cruise about 5 years ago. (You might wish to edit your Aug. 6 date saying 2004...didn't bother me, but I bet you are a perfectionist!;) )

Was on the Westerdam last year for a very similar itinerary. Your wonderful descriptions of your cruise brought back such beautiful memories. I particularly appreciated your descriptions of the Prinsendam as I am sailing her to the Black Sea in October. Oh, how I wish I had the words and lyrics to describe my travels as you and so many others do! Thank you!

localady,

I have just read your great review of the Prinsendam. It brought back some lovely memories of our last year's cruise to the Black Sea on her.

It is a classy ship and I remember that the shops on board were so much better than the shops we have just experienced on the Maasdam, which were filled with junk. I commented on this fact to my husband only a few weeks ago.

Jennie

Thanks for the wonderful review of the Prinsendam and your journey. She was our first ship and just seemed so perfect. Last year, as I was joining Cruise Critics, so few people even wrote about her that I was a bit nervous. But then when you sail, everybody is saying "boy, this is the best". susana.

We are in Amsterdam as I enter this post. Atseadaze arrived Saturday, we got here Sunday, and doxiemom is getting here tomorrow (I believe.) We will meet Ine and her DH for dinner Monday evening, then board the Prinsendam Tuesday.

Thanks for writing your review, Sher. We enjoyed this ship so much last year that we booked this cruise while we were on her. I'll try to keep you folks posted.

Well, we took two cruises on the Prinsendam recently, and can confirm all of Localady's kind words about this fine ship; moreover, we can say that the two categories not rated by her, Entertainment and the Spa, were also excellent.

The production shows were the best we have seen on HAL with superb dancing and choreography. And my wife had definitely the best massages she has ever had on a cruise ship. And I got some excellent weight training from a chap named Kelvyn.

We would give both entertainment and fitness five stars!

Pete!!!

Thanks for the additional information.:D

As Bob and I seemed to choose evenings in the hot tub over the show I couldn't comment on them honestly, and we did not use the spa. With 24 days straight on the Prinsendam, you are a extraordinary judge of these things.

Our best to you both, I bet you are missing the daily spoilng we received too.

Wish we were back on board!!;)

We are in Amsterdam as I enter this post. Atseadaze arrived Saturday, we got here Sunday, and doxiemom is getting here tomorrow (I believe.) We will meet Ine and her DH for dinner Monday evening, then board the Prinsendam Tuesday.

Thanks for writing your review, Sher. We enjoyed this ship so much last year that we booked this cruise while we were on her. I'll try to keep you folks posted.

Jim-

Here is hoping you have clear days in Amsterdam!!!!!

We were sorry we didn't get to connect with Ine when we were there, please give her and DH our best.

We will look forward to any report you can throw at us, but most importantly, RELAX and let the Ship and it's wonderful crew spoil you.;) Start with a bread pudding, and don't forget to order Orange juice from room service, as it's fresh and a truly decadent way to start the day!!:cool:

Localady,

Thanks for the review. It sounds like a wonderfull cruise.

We'll be on the Prinsendam next August in 196. Could you tell us more about that unique-appearing cabin? Is there a tub and shower, walk-in closet, can you see the stern as well as port side from the balcony? Is there adequate storage? -- and anything else you liked (or disliked) about 196.

localady: Wow-great review! Reading it, I felt like I was on the same cruise with you! Wait a minute!! I WAS!!!!

I am working feverishly, well OK, maybe sloth-like, on my review and culling out the best 400 pictures (out of 800+ pics) to put on one CD and to set up an on-line photo album.

I came down with a cold on the last day of the cruise and I am just now getting to feel normal. Between the cold and intense jet lag, it has been a struggle to feel "right" again.

Anyway, thanks for the very thorough and accurate review--we feel the same way about what an excellent experience it was!

Thank you for your review. Although we have cruised many times with HAL, we have never been on the Prinsendam. We have booked a cruise, however, on the Prinsendam next year (34 days; Ft. Lauderdale to Amsterdam). As former devotees of the old Rotterdam (elegance personified!), we look forward to our planned trip on the Prinsendam, especially after your review of this ship.

Thanks all for the nice responses!:cool:

Bill- Yes I remember you, you weren't Mr. Prinsendam by chance???:p

It doesn't seem as though we just disembarked two weeks ago. Seems like a lifetime!! Sorry to hear about the cold. Hope you are up to sloth-speed sometime really soon!!!;) Hope Virginia and you didn't share that cold.

P.S. Nothing suckier than a cold in the summer! Our best to you both!:cool:

Read the whole thing Sher, sure brings back memories of two similar cruises. Told ye so, you'd fall in love with the Prinsendam. Sorry you did not get to meet Jan Vesters, let's hope he gets transferred to the Veendam. We already have our reservations confirmed.

localady---well just finished my Copenhagen photos--only Oslo and some Prinsendam photos to finish up! Virginia skipped my cold (lucky her)!

Yep, hard to believe it has been two weeks. We really had a great time! Thanks for tipping us off to 197, the Banks Mansion and Cafe Van Puffelen!!! This morning, we looked at our formal night photo with our tablemates and Richard was with us that night-glad you shared him with our table!

Virginia was able to find a Gassan's shop at Schipol airport and made the sales clerk a little happier that day! :eek:

Say hi to Bob! Glad we were able to meet and share some of the experience together! Oh, and no charge for the use of "our" spa!

Localady, I've just now gotten the opportunity to read your review---and I'm so glad I did! Every word brought back memories of past visits to those ports. And they make me want to go again.

But, didn't you also get to go to Catherine's Palace while in St. Petersberg? It's a pity if you didn't---even though your days were jam-packed.

Thank you for such a lovely review.

HI Ruth! I thought about you each evening on the Prinsendam as I plucked a couple of chocolates off the plate at the Explorer's Lounge! They were VERY good!

MS Prinsendam on our cruise was named Ruth, but I knew it could not have been you, due to your being on the Rotterdam at the same time!!!! :)

I came down with a cold on the last day of the cruise and I am just now getting to feel normal. Between the cold and intense jet lag, it has been a struggle to feel "right" again.

Erik & I both came down with some sort of bug with sneezing, coughing and a fever. We still have a little cough left.

I need to deal with all the pictures of our wonderful Prinsendam cruise.

Ruth- Thanks for the comments, it truly was a marvelous cruise. While in St. Petersburg, we (BillS and the other CCer's on our RO tour) thanked you profusely for you recommendation to use Red October.:D

Darrell- So sorry to hear that both you and Erik caught a bug. I stayed bug free until we flew home, discovered the burglary, and then I got a cold.

Thank you for the review. We have signed up for the African/SA cruise on Prinsendam for the fall of 06 and had been concerned about the ship after hearing of problems with the elevators,plumbing, doors. But hearing of your experiences, we are looking forward to the ship itself. We also had been concerned that HAL might sell the vessel. It looks now as though HAL is keeping her because 2 longer cruises have even been scheduled for spring 07. Thanks for the info.

Archived